Bravissimo reveals the 'real women' fronting their next campaign
It’s been a busy couple of weeks for the campaign against Size 0. First Debenhams introduced size 16 mannequins in stores, then Mark Fast chose to use plus size models during London Fashion Week and now Bravissimo have revealed they are to use real customers in their ads.
The UK based company that specialises in lingerie for D-KK cup sizes, sent their customers an email inviting them to apply to be part of their new campaign. Out of the 600 applicants, 40 were then invited for the casting where it was whittled down to the last five women.
The lucky winners are Patricia Arteaga, Leela Tikadar, Riann Quinn, Katie Hardy and Jess Edwards – none of which have previous modelling experience.
Anna Prince, Bravissimo spokesperson said: 'The Bravissimo campaign promotes healthy body image by showing that real women can look fantastic too.
'Our customers have told us that they would prefer to see images of real women than of models. The girls we have chosen are beautiful yet attainable.'
Life & Style blogs
Dozens of empty homes in two of Liverpool’s most deprived areas will be brought back into use thanks...
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
The 10 Best new smartphones
Bollywood star, Shahrukh Khan, accused of choosing sex of baby
Uncooked curry leaves caused mass outbreak of salmonella in Newcastle, say health officials
Stripes set to be big for Dolce and Gabbana as fashion designers get 20 months in prison for tax evasion
- 1 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Richard Nieuwenhuizen death: Six teenagers and 50-year-old father convicted of manslaughter in shocking case of referee killed over a game of football
- 4 Exclusive: Newcastle's star talent-spotter on brink as Joe Kinnear sparks walkout
- 5 Vast methane 'plumes' seen in Arctic ocean as sea ice retreats
£500 - £600 per day: Orgtel: FX Options Front Office Java / C# Developer - Ba...
£600 - £700 per day: Orgtel: Project Manager - Front Office - Regulatory IT C...
£33000 - £35000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Randstad Education Chelmsford: NQTs required now fo...