Celine gets carried away wholly gentle clothes
Sunday 03 March 2013
The mood book left on seats for the Céline autumn/winter catwalk show was printed with ethereal images of marble statues, clouds and woollen yarn – all in a neutral, bleached-out tone.
What followed was a display of wholly gentle clothes, in soft woollen fabrics which seemed almost to cuddle the body.
Grey wool garments cleverly had inbuilt sleeves which folded and tied in front of the body – literally hugging the wearer – with cosiness further demonstrated by oversized tufted wool coats in pale shades, worn over sleek rollneck jumpers and pencil skirts.
Designer Phoebe Philo, who has turned around the fortunes of the French house, elevated the mundane to the sublime, as seen here too with a luxe reinvention of laundry-bag fabrics.
Life & Style blogs
Kanye West's Yeezy Boost trainers: All you need to know ahead of the UK launch
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 Prince Harry leaving the armed forced to pursue conservation projects in Africa
- 4 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: EXETER - A great new opportunity with real pot...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: EXETER - An outstanding senior opportunity for...
salary equal to £40K pro-rata: Sauce Recruitment: Are you available to start a...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Creative Front-End Developer - Claph...