Celine gets carried away wholly gentle clothes
Sunday 03 March 2013
The mood book left on seats for the Céline autumn/winter catwalk show was printed with ethereal images of marble statues, clouds and woollen yarn – all in a neutral, bleached-out tone.
What followed was a display of wholly gentle clothes, in soft woollen fabrics which seemed almost to cuddle the body.
Grey wool garments cleverly had inbuilt sleeves which folded and tied in front of the body – literally hugging the wearer – with cosiness further demonstrated by oversized tufted wool coats in pale shades, worn over sleek rollneck jumpers and pencil skirts.
Designer Phoebe Philo, who has turned around the fortunes of the French house, elevated the mundane to the sublime, as seen here too with a luxe reinvention of laundry-bag fabrics.
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
£7 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Are you outgoing? Do you want to work in...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity has arisen for a...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting opportunity to join...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We have an excellent role for a...