Galliano label Dior scraps Paris show
The John Galliano fashion label is dropping a plan for a catwalk show in Paris Fashion Week and will instead host a simple presentation of its latest collection.
Label spokesman Alexandre Malgouyres said the site of the presentation and the guest list have not been decided yet.
Christian Dior this week fired the talented British designer after a video published online a day earlier by a newspaper showed him praising Adolf Hitler.
The Dior show was going on as planned today - though most likely without Galliano on hand. The "John Galliano" presentation takes place Sunday.
Presentations offer a lower-key environment than catwalk shows to display new collections.
Life & Style blogs
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
The spring menswear season has only just begun, but I've already started to get deep and meaningful....
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, George Osborne told
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
Negotiable Depending on Experience: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green R...
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
Negotiable: Progressive Recruitment: Dear Sumadhab, A growing engineering comp...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Ilford: We are currently recruiting for a Year ...