Galliano label Dior scraps Paris show
Friday 04 March 2011
The John Galliano fashion label is dropping a plan for a catwalk show in Paris Fashion Week and will instead host a simple presentation of its latest collection.
Label spokesman Alexandre Malgouyres said the site of the presentation and the guest list have not been decided yet.
Christian Dior this week fired the talented British designer after a video published online a day earlier by a newspaper showed him praising Adolf Hitler.
The Dior show was going on as planned today - though most likely without Galliano on hand. The "John Galliano" presentation takes place Sunday.
Presentations offer a lower-key environment than catwalk shows to display new collections.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
£35000 - £50000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior QA Engineer (Agil...
£26000 - £28000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Digital Marketing Executive (SEO, PP...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our retail client ...
£400 - £450 Per Annum possibly more for the right candidate: Clearwater People...