Galliano label Dior scraps Paris show
Friday 04 March 2011
The John Galliano fashion label is dropping a plan for a catwalk show in Paris Fashion Week and will instead host a simple presentation of its latest collection.
Label spokesman Alexandre Malgouyres said the site of the presentation and the guest list have not been decided yet.
Christian Dior this week fired the talented British designer after a video published online a day earlier by a newspaper showed him praising Adolf Hitler.
The Dior show was going on as planned today - though most likely without Galliano on hand. The "John Galliano" presentation takes place Sunday.
Presentations offer a lower-key environment than catwalk shows to display new collections.
Life & Style blogs
The high-powered dream team trying to create a stiletto shoe as comfy as a trainer
Apple MacBook review: preposterously thin and extravagantly attractive, this is the best-designed laptop Apple has ever made
How Old Do I Look: Microsoft’s super advanced age-guessing app is terrible at guessing how old celebrities are, too
UK skin cancer statistics 'shocking' as sun-worshippers ignore the dangers of exposure
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Which country would be hardest to invade?
- 2 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 3 Indonesia executions: Death row British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford will refuse to wear a blindfold when she faces firing squad
- 4 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 5 Royal baby girl born: Duchess of Cambridge's second child will be a princess thanks to Queen
£28000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Senior Digital Marketing Cons...
£16640 - £18500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An Assistant Stores Keeper is r...
£16000 - £18500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an excellent opportunit...
£17000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Developer required to join a bu...