Galliano label Dior scraps Paris show
Friday 04 March 2011
The John Galliano fashion label is dropping a plan for a catwalk show in Paris Fashion Week and will instead host a simple presentation of its latest collection.
Label spokesman Alexandre Malgouyres said the site of the presentation and the guest list have not been decided yet.
Christian Dior this week fired the talented British designer after a video published online a day earlier by a newspaper showed him praising Adolf Hitler.
The Dior show was going on as planned today - though most likely without Galliano on hand. The "John Galliano" presentation takes place Sunday.
Presentations offer a lower-key environment than catwalk shows to display new collections.
Life & Style blogs
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Greggs Google fail: bakery chain falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
'Long Live the Nazis' spaghetti dish sold in Taiwan renamed after backlash
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Police shoot and kill second young black man near Ferguson
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 4 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Software Developer (Client-Side, SQL, VB...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Full Stack ...
£450 - £600 per day: Harrington Starr: AIFMD Business Analyst / Consultant - I...