Heidi Klum designs maternity wear
Monday 11 January 2010
When German supermodel Heidi Klum managed to stay stylish on the red carpet last year while pregnant with her fourth child, the fashion world took note. Now, the entrepreneur has announced her first maternity lines, launching via pregnancy wear label A Pea in the Pod on February 12.
Taking over from maternity ambassadress Nicole Richie, who created a capsule collection for the brand last year, Klum is designing for the first time since closing her jewelry line in August.
Her foray into pregnancy fashion is well-timed since designers including Jean Paul Gaultier recently made a point of emphasizing the baby bump (pregnant top model Jourdan Dunn walked his runway last fall) and celebrities such as singers M.I.A and Roisin Murphy turned theirs into fashion statements during performances and red carpet appearances.
Klum's collections will consist of a more sophisticated line called 'Lavish' for A Pea in the Pod - this range will also feature elegant evening styles - and a more casual and comfortable collection for the brand's partner label Motherhood Maternity called 'Loved.'
Both collections will become available in US stores and on the label's website on February 12.
Life & Style blogs
'Cheeky' Nando's under fire for apparently coming onto a customer on Twitter
MIT robots can now clear hurdles as they run
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
Reproduction: how much do you remember from your biology GCSE?
- 1 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 2 Maisie Williams has an excellent message for one confused fan
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Tampon tax scrapped in Canada after petition convinces conservative government
- 5 Kate Moss on the naked Calvin Klein shoot and the obsession that ended her relationship
£16500 - £18500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the leading Mercedes-Ben...
£27500 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£19500 - £23500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Experienced B2B Telemarketer wa...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This global company are looking for two Showro...