Lady Gaga pays record for Alexander McQueen gown
Friday 29 June 2012
Lady Gaga is believed to have paid a world record price for a gown by her late friend the fashion designer Alexander McQueen.
The pop star was among bidders who in total paid almost £500,000 at an auction at Christie's of items donated by Daphne Guinness, the fashion collector.
The lots went for four times the estimate.
Lady Gaga is understood to have bid £85,250 for an ivory silk tulle empire line gown. Guinness held the sale to raise funds for the Isabella Blow Foundation, for young fashion talent.
Life & Style blogs
Babies cry at night to stop mothers procreating, scientists claim
Naked yoga: the bare truth - it's already big in the US, and has now landed here
Health warning over 88,000 foreign doctors working in the NHS
Childhood bullying 'can lead to depression and unemployment in adulthood'
Baby catches deadly meningitis infection from cat
- 1 Are you turning into your dad? The top ten signs you've embraced dad-ism revealed as survey says 38 is age men turn into their father
- 2 Overheard in Waitrose: documenting the chatter in 'Britain's poshest supermarket'
- 3 Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy attacked as 'sinful'
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Grace Dent on TV: Game of Thrones has jumped the shark
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is a company that specializ...
£153.75 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is an innovative outsourcin...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company has been providing on site ...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: We've been supplying best of breed peopl...