Lady Gaga pays record for Alexander McQueen gown
Friday 29 June 2012
Lady Gaga is believed to have paid a world record price for a gown by her late friend the fashion designer Alexander McQueen.
The pop star was among bidders who in total paid almost £500,000 at an auction at Christie's of items donated by Daphne Guinness, the fashion collector.
The lots went for four times the estimate.
Lady Gaga is understood to have bid £85,250 for an ivory silk tulle empire line gown. Guinness held the sale to raise funds for the Isabella Blow Foundation, for young fashion talent.
Life & Style blogs
The future of sex: The first female condoms were derided, mistrusted and shunned - but will their modern counterparts catch on?
'It's brusquely intimate': A bereaved daughter tackles the task of emptying her father's flat
Fenwicks department store withdraws Boy London clothing over 'Nazi' eagle logo complaints
Study suggests that 'gaydars' are real - at least for women
International Women's Day 2014: Google compiles celebratory video to mark the day
- 1 The future of sex: The first female condoms were derided, mistrusted and shunned - but will their modern counterparts catch on?
- 2 South African rhino finally put down after roaming Kruger park for days with horn hacked off and bullet in brain
- 3 Italian pensioner hires an escort who turns out to be his son's girlfriend
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role to marry Natasha Richardson
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...