Lady Gaga pays record for Alexander McQueen gown
Friday 29 June 2012
Lady Gaga is believed to have paid a world record price for a gown by her late friend the fashion designer Alexander McQueen.
The pop star was among bidders who in total paid almost £500,000 at an auction at Christie's of items donated by Daphne Guinness, the fashion collector.
The lots went for four times the estimate.
Lady Gaga is understood to have bid £85,250 for an ivory silk tulle empire line gown. Guinness held the sale to raise funds for the Isabella Blow Foundation, for young fashion talent.
Life & Style blogs
Guest post by Richard Sexton, business development director of e.surv chartered surveyors
Plus lateral thinking and living on London's waterways
Other popular areas include Didsbury, Clifton in Bristol, central Cambridge and West Bridgford
- 1 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder victim of Woolwich machete attack, named as Drummer Lee Rigby
- 2 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 3 Grace Dent: I’m not sure how these people can avoid being called ‘bigots’. And the more ‘civilised’, the worse they are
- 4 Woolwich murder: They killed, then they performed - these men should be starved of our attention
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL will seek to exploit this evil crime for their own evil ends
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.