Lady Gaga pays record for Alexander McQueen gown
Friday 29 June 2012
Lady Gaga is believed to have paid a world record price for a gown by her late friend the fashion designer Alexander McQueen.
The pop star was among bidders who in total paid almost £500,000 at an auction at Christie's of items donated by Daphne Guinness, the fashion collector.
The lots went for four times the estimate.
Lady Gaga is understood to have bid £85,250 for an ivory silk tulle empire line gown. Guinness held the sale to raise funds for the Isabella Blow Foundation, for young fashion talent.
Life & Style blogs
The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
From criminal to catwalk: Convict Jeremy Meeks wins modelling contract in the most unusual fashion scouting – behind bars
Prostate cancer could actually be five different diseases, say scientists
NHS treatments such as vasectomies and hip operations to be rationed because of cost-cutting
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Cara Delevigne addresses awkward interview on Good Day Sacramento
- 2 Model's video shoot on the beach interrupted by sudden landing of a group of illegal migrants
- 3 The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
- 4 MH370: Boeing 777 wing that could match missing plane found on the French island of Reunion
- 5 Living in Spain and commuting to London 'cheaper than actually working in London'
£30 to £32k : Guru Careers: We are seeking a Trainer / IT Trainer to join an a...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This privately owned Fencing Co...
£17000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you answer yes, this company...
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This world leader in Online Pro...