Lanvin to create collection for H&M
Lanvin is one of the world's most exclusive fashion brands, with price tags to match, but now it is set to reach a much wider audience. The Parisian label will create a collection for the high street chain H&M which will go on sale on 23 November.
There will be a slightly shorter wait for the first glimpse of the clothes, however, which will be revealed in a short film on the H&M website on 2 November.
Although the novelty of the designer collaboration may have worn off since Karl Lagerfeld designed a range for H&M in 2004, the pairing is likely to see fashion fanatics queuing around the block. Lanvin is synonymous with incredibly refined and beautiful clothes rather than gimmickry or fleeting trends.
Alber Elbaz is considered a great talent with an instinct for cut and fabric who has transformed the image of the house since he arrived in 2001. He was born in Casablanca to a painter mother and hair colourist father, and moved to Tel Aviv when he was 10. He considers himself Israeli and joined the Israeli Defence Forces before choosing to study fashion design.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Caitlyn Jenner car crash: Driver who died in collision sued by surviving passengers for $18.5m
- 2 Pictures show young Palestinian girl biting Israeli soldier trying to detain boy during West Bank protests
- 3 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 4 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 5 The 20 toughest job interview questions in the world
£18000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Executive or Senior Sal...
£40000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This industry leading company produces h...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT provider for the educat...