Lanvin to create collection for H&M
Lanvin is one of the world's most exclusive fashion brands, with price tags to match, but now it is set to reach a much wider audience. The Parisian label will create a collection for the high street chain H&M which will go on sale on 23 November.
There will be a slightly shorter wait for the first glimpse of the clothes, however, which will be revealed in a short film on the H&M website on 2 November.
Although the novelty of the designer collaboration may have worn off since Karl Lagerfeld designed a range for H&M in 2004, the pairing is likely to see fashion fanatics queuing around the block. Lanvin is synonymous with incredibly refined and beautiful clothes rather than gimmickry or fleeting trends.
Alber Elbaz is considered a great talent with an instinct for cut and fabric who has transformed the image of the house since he arrived in 2001. He was born in Casablanca to a painter mother and hair colourist father, and moved to Tel Aviv when he was 10. He considers himself Israeli and joined the Israeli Defence Forces before choosing to study fashion design.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Top Gear team of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May officially heading to Amazon Prime for new car show
- 2 Stuart Baggs: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 3 How to cancel Amazon Prime: after Top Gear hiring, how to leave premium service
- 4 Tesco scraps 'unexpected item in the bagging area' as self-checkouts switch to less 'frustrating' audio
- 5 Living in Spain and commuting to London 'cheaper than actually working in London'
£28000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With extensive experience and a...
£26000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Due to on-going expansion, this leading provid...
£6 - £8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join a family ...