Lanvin to create collection for H&M
Lanvin is one of the world's most exclusive fashion brands, with price tags to match, but now it is set to reach a much wider audience. The Parisian label will create a collection for the high street chain H&M which will go on sale on 23 November.
There will be a slightly shorter wait for the first glimpse of the clothes, however, which will be revealed in a short film on the H&M website on 2 November.
Although the novelty of the designer collaboration may have worn off since Karl Lagerfeld designed a range for H&M in 2004, the pairing is likely to see fashion fanatics queuing around the block. Lanvin is synonymous with incredibly refined and beautiful clothes rather than gimmickry or fleeting trends.
Alber Elbaz is considered a great talent with an instinct for cut and fabric who has transformed the image of the house since he arrived in 2001. He was born in Casablanca to a painter mother and hair colourist father, and moved to Tel Aviv when he was 10. He considers himself Israeli and joined the Israeli Defence Forces before choosing to study fashion design.
Life & Style blogs
Kanye West's Yeezy Boost trainers: All you need to know ahead of the UK launch
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
Brit Awards 2015: Red carpet round up, from Paloma Faith to Ed Sheeran
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Fearne Cotton quits Radio 1 after ten years for 'family and new adventures'
salary equal to £40K pro-rata: Sauce Recruitment: Are you available to start a...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Creative Front-End Developer - Claph...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The role in this successful eco...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: QA Tester - London - £30,000 QA Tes...