Lenny Kravitz's rock offspring stars in 'royal' perfume ads
Saturday 21 November 2009
Zoe Kravitz, a recent regular in fashion weeks' front rows, has landed her biggest stint to date as the face of Vera Wang's
Zoe, daughter of rocker Lenny Kravitz and actress Lisa Bonet, has taken over from teen star Camilla Belle as the new face of the scent.
Hiring rockstar offspring for fashion and beauty campaigns seems to be a guarantor for success right now - see Georgia Jagger's work for Hudson Jeans or Amber le Bon for Moschino, Myla and River Island - which shouldn't come as a big surprise given that stars such as Mick Jagger or Duran Duran singer Simon Le Bon have a tendency to attract the world's most favorable gene pool. Phil Collins' daughter Lily, an aspiring actress, could be next.
But Vera Wang's trendy approach doesn't stop here: the designer has also launched an interactive website for the fragrance, verawangprincess.com, that lets users upload their own pictures via Facebook to see themselves appear in the Princess ads, a social-media tool already used by brands including Gucci and Burberry. The site also features a 'Princess Playlist' that can be bought on iTunes.
Vera Wang Princess sells exclusively at Bloomingdale's, Nordstrom, Macy's, Sephora, and verawang.com. Products range from body lotion, polish and body butter to eau de toilette, priced from $38 to $72.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Top 20 misconceptions people believe are true
- 2 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 3 Head transplant: man will be attached to new body in under an hour and aim is immortality, doctor says
- 4 Anti-vaccination group defends advert comparing immunising children to rape
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
Voluntary: Cancer Research UK: We’re looking for someone to support our award ...
£70000 - £90000 per annum + bonus + car allowance + benefits: Ashdown Group: H...
£28000 - £32000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Application Sup...
£28000 - £32000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Systems Analyst...