Manscara or guyliner anyone? Tom Ford to launch a range of slap for chaps
Manscara and guyliner are usually the reserve of teens enjoying their experimental emo phase, not the seriously wealthy suited and booted customers of Tom Ford. But that’s all set to change when the designer launches cosmetics for men alongside the modern metrosexual grooming staples of cleanser, moisturiser and eye “treatment”.
Ever since metrosexual man took moisturiser mainstream in the mid-Nineties, the threat of high-quality slap for chaps has been looming on the horizon. Thankfully, though, there’s nothing too alternative here – many men may benefit from habitual swiping of concealer, mud mask or bronzing gel, but few would admit it without the threat of thumbscrews.
But come September: the attention to detail, luxurious formulations and seriously beautiful packaging that Ford has made his signature since launching his cosmetics line in conjunction with Estée Lauder in 2005, are sure to earn these products pride of place on bathroom shelves.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Mystery man who gave mum heart-warming note on train 'wanted to put a smile on her face'
- 3 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 4 Mafia's wall of silence broken: Victim of Cosa Nostra's extortion rackets in its Corleone heartland co-operates with authorities for the first time ever
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: This post arises as a result of the need to...
£120 - £150 per annum: Tradewind Recruitment: I am recruiting on instruction o...
£70000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Finance - Financial Controller - Fina...
£24000 - £28000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Executive - Wim...