Raise a glass to Gaultier
It's been quite a week for top jobs in fashion. After six months of speculation, Hedi Slimane's appointment as Yves Saint Laurent's new designer, replacing Stefano Pilati, was announced during Paris Fashion Week.
But away from the rarified corridors of YSL's HQ, there's another style supremo who'll be needing a new work wardrobe: step forward Jean Paul Gaultier, who has landed the role of creative director at Diet Coke. Gaultier will be getting busy with the fizzy drink's website, retail concepts and re-imagining its bottle.
While Trending was initially having a bit of a snigger at the idea, it quickly realised that JPG is following in the footsteps of none other than Karl Lagerfeld. So let's raise a glass of sugar-free bubbly to Jean Paul and hope he unveils cans with a conical-bra concept ASAP.
Life & Style blogs
Free the internet from commercial interests, says Martha Lane Fox
Replica Back to the Future Hoverboard released
When did the Eiffel Tower open to the public? Six things you didn't know about the iconic structure
Contents of women's handbags can be worth more than a small car
Gold Apple Watch buyers can skip queues
- 1 Replica Back to the Future Hoverboard released
- 2 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 3 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
- 4 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 5 Dylan Moran on quitting smoking, being about as sexy as the Pope and why comedy panel programmes are 'c*ck shows'
£25,000 - £30,000: Sheridan Maine: Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity...
£50,000 - £55,000: Neil Pavier: Are you a professionally qualified commercial ...
£45,000 - £55,000: Loren Hughes: Are you looking for a new opportunity that wi...
Circa £45,000-£50,000 + benefits: Sheridan Maine: Are you a newly qualified ac...