Raise a glass to Gaultier
It's been quite a week for top jobs in fashion. After six months of speculation, Hedi Slimane's appointment as Yves Saint Laurent's new designer, replacing Stefano Pilati, was announced during Paris Fashion Week.
But away from the rarified corridors of YSL's HQ, there's another style supremo who'll be needing a new work wardrobe: step forward Jean Paul Gaultier, who has landed the role of creative director at Diet Coke. Gaultier will be getting busy with the fizzy drink's website, retail concepts and re-imagining its bottle.
While Trending was initially having a bit of a snigger at the idea, it quickly realised that JPG is following in the footsteps of none other than Karl Lagerfeld. So let's raise a glass of sugar-free bubbly to Jean Paul and hope he unveils cans with a conical-bra concept ASAP.
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 5 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
£55000 - £65000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: One of the mos...
£62000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Senior UNIX Engineer (UNIX, Linux, Solaris...
£50000 - £70000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Business Analyst Consultant (Fina...