Raise a glass to Gaultier
It's been quite a week for top jobs in fashion. After six months of speculation, Hedi Slimane's appointment as Yves Saint Laurent's new designer, replacing Stefano Pilati, was announced during Paris Fashion Week.
But away from the rarified corridors of YSL's HQ, there's another style supremo who'll be needing a new work wardrobe: step forward Jean Paul Gaultier, who has landed the role of creative director at Diet Coke. Gaultier will be getting busy with the fizzy drink's website, retail concepts and re-imagining its bottle.
While Trending was initially having a bit of a snigger at the idea, it quickly realised that JPG is following in the footsteps of none other than Karl Lagerfeld. So let's raise a glass of sugar-free bubbly to Jean Paul and hope he unveils cans with a conical-bra concept ASAP.
Life & Style blogs
WWE 2K15 gameplay trailer: First look at Sting, Triple H and Daniel Bryan in next-gen graphics
iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
Dale Bolinger guilty: What is sexual cannibalism?
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
First day of Autumn: Google Doodle celebrates 2014 Autumn equinox
- 1 Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 4 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 5 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
£60000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client in the Financial...
£85 - £125 per day: Randstad Education Chester: Job Opportunity for Secondary ...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Chester: Key Stage 2 Teachers needed in Flintsh...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Chester: Year 6 Teachers urgently needed for su...