Try me: PVC SKIRT
Friday 03 March 1995
When the key turned in the door, my face went very red. My boyfriend walked in and commented: "Is that from Ann Summers?" He humoured, rather than accused. I scoffed, trying to pretend that I really was wearing the most convertible of high-fashion garments, but basically I knew I looked as though I should be in some dodgy sketch in a King's Cross phone booth declaring promises that a nice girl like me should never keep. He also had the look of a man who was actually quite enjoying the view, and would probably enjoy it a lot more if I wasn't his girlfriend. But, my relationship aside, this really is one of the hottest trends for summer 1995. Quite literally, steer clear of radiators and heatwaves. If it isn't PVC, it will undoubtedly be rubber. The comfort factor is not a problem, this is genuinely quite easy to wear, and the fabric does seem to breathe, due to its elasticity.
The alternative is, of course, the futuristic white version, which may not be as slimming, but somehow seems softer than the dominatrix black Miss Whiplash variety. In retrospect, I think I should have abandoned the safety of black tights, avoided trying to play it safe and gone bare- legged and space-aged.
Hi-gloss PVC skirt, £30, from Pink Soda. Available in black or white at Top Shop, Oxford Circus. W1. Inquiries on 0171- 636 9001.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 A daily walk 'can add seven years to your life'
- 2 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 3 Chrissie Hynde says women who 'wear high heels and dress provocatively entice rapists'
- 4 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 5 News agency criticised for describing Amal Clooney as 'actor's wife' in coverage of human rights trial
£28000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£22000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company's mission is to ma...
£13832 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This 5 star leisure destination on the w...
£20000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Account Manager is requ...