Try me: PVC SKIRT
Friday 03 March 1995
When the key turned in the door, my face went very red. My boyfriend walked in and commented: "Is that from Ann Summers?" He humoured, rather than accused. I scoffed, trying to pretend that I really was wearing the most convertible of high-fashion garments, but basically I knew I looked as though I should be in some dodgy sketch in a King's Cross phone booth declaring promises that a nice girl like me should never keep. He also had the look of a man who was actually quite enjoying the view, and would probably enjoy it a lot more if I wasn't his girlfriend. But, my relationship aside, this really is one of the hottest trends for summer 1995. Quite literally, steer clear of radiators and heatwaves. If it isn't PVC, it will undoubtedly be rubber. The comfort factor is not a problem, this is genuinely quite easy to wear, and the fabric does seem to breathe, due to its elasticity.
The alternative is, of course, the futuristic white version, which may not be as slimming, but somehow seems softer than the dominatrix black Miss Whiplash variety. In retrospect, I think I should have abandoned the safety of black tights, avoided trying to play it safe and gone bare- legged and space-aged.
Hi-gloss PVC skirt, £30, from Pink Soda. Available in black or white at Top Shop, Oxford Circus. W1. Inquiries on 0171- 636 9001.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 The future of sex: The first female condoms were derided, mistrusted and shunned - but will their modern counterparts catch on?
- 2 South African rhino finally put down after roaming Kruger park for days with horn hacked off and bullet in brain
- 3 Italian pensioner hires an escort who turns out to be his son's girlfriend
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role to marry Natasha Richardson
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...