Try me: PVC SKIRT
Friday 03 March 1995
When the key turned in the door, my face went very red. My boyfriend walked in and commented: "Is that from Ann Summers?" He humoured, rather than accused. I scoffed, trying to pretend that I really was wearing the most convertible of high-fashion garments, but basically I knew I looked as though I should be in some dodgy sketch in a King's Cross phone booth declaring promises that a nice girl like me should never keep. He also had the look of a man who was actually quite enjoying the view, and would probably enjoy it a lot more if I wasn't his girlfriend. But, my relationship aside, this really is one of the hottest trends for summer 1995. Quite literally, steer clear of radiators and heatwaves. If it isn't PVC, it will undoubtedly be rubber. The comfort factor is not a problem, this is genuinely quite easy to wear, and the fabric does seem to breathe, due to its elasticity.
The alternative is, of course, the futuristic white version, which may not be as slimming, but somehow seems softer than the dominatrix black Miss Whiplash variety. In retrospect, I think I should have abandoned the safety of black tights, avoided trying to play it safe and gone bare- legged and space-aged.
Hi-gloss PVC skirt, £30, from Pink Soda. Available in black or white at Top Shop, Oxford Circus. W1. Inquiries on 0171- 636 9001.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Asteroid narrowly scrapes past Earth: how to watch the closest space rock for decades as it flies by
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
- 4 British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
- 5 Watch Richard Dawkins read his own hatemail: 'I hope you do get sodomised by satanic monkeys in hell'
£38000 - £42000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's best performing...
£35000 - £43000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Our award-winning client is one...
£15000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leading provider of Atlas ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Opportunity to join established...