Next has issued an urgent safety warning after discovering that thousands of pairs of children’s sandals presented a possible choking hazard.
The fashion chain is recalling the £18 studded sandals after it realised that small star-shaped rivets attached to the straps could come loose and be swallowed by youngsters.
Marketed as part of their ‘Younger Girls’ range, the cream sandals were targeted to those aged between three months and six-years-old.
“Unfortunately, it’s come to light that there’s a potential problem with the star rivets, which could become detached, presenting a choking hazard to young children,” a statement on the company website said.
“As the sandals don’t meet our strict technical specifications, we’ve taken the decision of recalling them, and we’re requesting that you return them to us for a full refund.”
Parents are advised to call their local store to arrange collection or to return the sandals to their nearest branch with the promise of a full refund.
“If you’ve given this item as a gift, please ask the recipient to get in touch with Next,” it added.
“We’re very sorry for any disappointment and inconvenience this may cause, but we hope you’ll understand that customer safety is our highest priority.”
The move comes just weeks after the popular fashion chain were forced to recall another model of children’s sandals after they featured a type of bead that had “failed testing.”Reuse content