Olympics: Stella McCartney to design British Olympic kit
Wednesday 14 July 2010
Fashion designer Stella McCartney will oversee the design of the athletes' clothing for the British team at the 2012 London Olympics, it was announced on Wednesday.
The daughter of The Beatles singer Paul McCartney has been appointed creative director for Team GB at the Olympic and Paralympic Games and will help shape the clothing to be made by Adidas.
The British Olympic Association said it was the first time in the history of the summer Games that a designer will work with a sports brand to design the team's kit.
McCartney, who has already designed a line of clothing for Adidas, said: "As a British fashion designer it is an amazing, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be creative director of Team GB as the host nation of the London 2012 Olympic Games."
Olympic and world champion cyclist Victoria Pendleton said she was excited about the tie-up.
"I'm a massive fan of Stella McCartney and with London hosting the Olympic Games it is really important as the host nation to set the standards.
"To have a British designer inputting into the British kit is going to be very special."
Life & Style blogs
Miley Cyrus' VMA outfits spark copying controversy
Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
Overly-controlling parents cause their children lifelong psychological damage, says study
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 2 President Obama comments on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company produces a wide ra...
£22000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Established and expanding South...
£14000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting opportunity to join a thrivi...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Uncapped OTE: SThree: Trainee Recruitment Consulta...