Olympics: Stella McCartney to design British Olympic kit
Fashion designer Stella McCartney will oversee the design of the athletes' clothing for the British team at the 2012 London Olympics, it was announced on Wednesday.
The daughter of The Beatles singer Paul McCartney has been appointed creative director for Team GB at the Olympic and Paralympic Games and will help shape the clothing to be made by Adidas.
The British Olympic Association said it was the first time in the history of the summer Games that a designer will work with a sports brand to design the team's kit.
McCartney, who has already designed a line of clothing for Adidas, said: "As a British fashion designer it is an amazing, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be creative director of Team GB as the host nation of the London 2012 Olympic Games."
Olympic and world champion cyclist Victoria Pendleton said she was excited about the tie-up.
"I'm a massive fan of Stella McCartney and with London hosting the Olympic Games it is really important as the host nation to set the standards.
"To have a British designer inputting into the British kit is going to be very special."
Life & Style blogs
Dozens of empty homes in two of Liverpool’s most deprived areas will be brought back into use thanks...
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
- 1 Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
- 2 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 3 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 4 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 5 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
£500 - £600 per day: Orgtel: FX Options Front Office Java / C# Developer - Ba...
£600 - £700 per day: Orgtel: Project Manager - Front Office - Regulatory IT C...
£33000 - £35000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Randstad Education Chelmsford: NQTs required now fo...