Only French houses honored at French fragrance awards
Tuesday 10 May 2011
The French fragrance foundation awarded its annual prizes exclusively to local brands last week.
Its main awards for best fragrance of the year went to Yves Saint Laurent's update of Opium, Belle d'Opium, in women's perfumes and Bleu de Chanel in the men's category. All other winning brands, including Lancôme, Hermès, or Biotherm, also hail from France.
The choices don't correspond with the recent prizes bestowed by Marie Claire magazine, which used to be the partner of the official French fragrance awards: its editors' favorites were Balenciaga Paris and Thierry Mugler's Womanity.
France's fragrance awards are a lot more democratic than their American counterpart - scheduled for May 25 - with seven of ten prizes being voted on by the public. Here is the full list of winners:
Best Women's Perfume
YSL Belle D'Opium
Best Men's Perfume
Bleu de Chanel
Best Packaging (Women's)
Best Packaging (Men's)
Best Publicity Campaign (Women's)
Lancome Tresor in Love
Best Publicity Campaign (Men's)
Biotherm Homme Force
Best Perfume Distributed Under Its Own Name
L'Occitane en Provence Pivoine
Etat Libre D'Orange Like This, Tilda Swinton
Thierry Mugler Womanity
Special Prize of The Fragrance Foundation France Board
Romano Ricci of Juliette Has a Gun
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
£30k - 38k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: An award-winning consume...
£40k - 45k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...
£30k - 35k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: We’re currently re...
£35k - 45k per year + benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...