Only French houses honored at French fragrance awards
Tuesday 10 May 2011
The French fragrance foundation awarded its annual prizes exclusively to local brands last week.
Its main awards for best fragrance of the year went to Yves Saint Laurent's update of Opium, Belle d'Opium, in women's perfumes and Bleu de Chanel in the men's category. All other winning brands, including Lancôme, Hermès, or Biotherm, also hail from France.
The choices don't correspond with the recent prizes bestowed by Marie Claire magazine, which used to be the partner of the official French fragrance awards: its editors' favorites were Balenciaga Paris and Thierry Mugler's Womanity.
France's fragrance awards are a lot more democratic than their American counterpart - scheduled for May 25 - with seven of ten prizes being voted on by the public. Here is the full list of winners:
Best Women's Perfume
YSL Belle D'Opium
Best Men's Perfume
Bleu de Chanel
Best Packaging (Women's)
Best Packaging (Men's)
Best Publicity Campaign (Women's)
Lancome Tresor in Love
Best Publicity Campaign (Men's)
Biotherm Homme Force
Best Perfume Distributed Under Its Own Name
L'Occitane en Provence Pivoine
Etat Libre D'Orange Like This, Tilda Swinton
Thierry Mugler Womanity
Special Prize of The Fragrance Foundation France Board
Romano Ricci of Juliette Has a Gun
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 3 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 4 Hip hop is both racial and political, and for Iggy Azalea to suggest otherwise is insulting
- 5 Man hospitalised with pneumonia after downing eggnog at office Christmas party
£20000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This full service social media ...
£24000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We are 'Changemakers in retail'...
Very Competitive: Austen Lloyd: Senior Conveyancer - South West We are see...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: DORSET MARKET TOWN - SENIOR PROPERTY SOLICITOR...