Paris fashion week confirmed to move
Tuesday 15 June 2010
Women's Wear Daily has confirmed rumors that Paris fashion week will be leaving its Carrousel du Louvre site for the upcoming spring/summer collections.
"The organization's president, Didier Grumbach, confirmed in a text message to WWD that the governing body of French fashion has terminated its relationship with the site, effective immediately," the trade paper reported.
A new location has not yet been named, but according to industry insiders, the tents at the port des Champs-Elysées are rating high.
And that's not the only big news this fall: US designer Zac Posen will show his collection in Paris for the first time after telling the press that Parisians "understand" his clothes better than Americans.
New York fashion week will make its home Lincoln Center this September after leaving its iconic Bryant Park site, and London has been showing at its new Somerset House location for the past seasons.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
The face of fertility: why do men find women who are near ovulation more attractive?
'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
Google has set its terrifying, dreaming image robots on the public
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are the go-to company for ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join the UK's leadin...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This caravan dealership are currently recruiti...