Paris fashion week confirmed to move
Tuesday 15 June 2010
Women's Wear Daily has confirmed rumors that Paris fashion week will be leaving its Carrousel du Louvre site for the upcoming spring/summer collections.
"The organization's president, Didier Grumbach, confirmed in a text message to WWD that the governing body of French fashion has terminated its relationship with the site, effective immediately," the trade paper reported.
A new location has not yet been named, but according to industry insiders, the tents at the port des Champs-Elysées are rating high.
And that's not the only big news this fall: US designer Zac Posen will show his collection in Paris for the first time after telling the press that Parisians "understand" his clothes better than Americans.
New York fashion week will make its home Lincoln Center this September after leaving its iconic Bryant Park site, and London has been showing at its new Somerset House location for the past seasons.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader
£110 - £200 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Maths Teacher for spe...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...