Paris fashion week confirmed to move
Tuesday 15 June 2010
Women's Wear Daily has confirmed rumors that Paris fashion week will be leaving its Carrousel du Louvre site for the upcoming spring/summer collections.
"The organization's president, Didier Grumbach, confirmed in a text message to WWD that the governing body of French fashion has terminated its relationship with the site, effective immediately," the trade paper reported.
A new location has not yet been named, but according to industry insiders, the tents at the port des Champs-Elysées are rating high.
And that's not the only big news this fall: US designer Zac Posen will show his collection in Paris for the first time after telling the press that Parisians "understand" his clothes better than Americans.
New York fashion week will make its home Lincoln Center this September after leaving its iconic Bryant Park site, and London has been showing at its new Somerset House location for the past seasons.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Katie Hopkins gives rare glimpse of sensitive side with heartfelt open letter to her children penned in case she dies from epilepsy
- 2 Rihanna's Met Gala dress took one Chinese woman 2 years to make, was reduced to omelette meme in 2 seconds
- 3 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 4 #JeSuisEd: People share photos of themselves eating awkwardly in solidarity with Labour leader
- 5 Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds
£35000 - £40000 per annum + car and benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Helpdesk Analyst - Devon - £20,000 ...
£35000 - £50000 per annum + generous bonus: Ashdown Group: Business Analytics ...
£45000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Project Coordinator (Software Dev...