Topshop launches evening wear, opens new international stores
Tuesday 19 July 2011
The British retailer will release a new collection called Dress Up featuring cocktail dresses and evening gowns priced from $120.
"There was a hole in the market for all of our customers," Topshop owner Philip Green told Women's Wear Daily. "When we were figuring out something new to introduce, [we found] there was something our customer was missing, a cocktail dress at a $120 price point or a long silk gown you could wear to a wedding for $350."
And there was more Topshop news Monday: North America is getting three new shopping locations, with Toronto and Chicago opening in September, and a Las Vegas flagship launching next March. Brazil is to follow around the same time, and an Australia opening is planned for later in 2012. Green is reportedly also thinking about taking Topshop to Mexico in the near future.
Life & Style blogs
McDonald's is finally trialling all-day breakfast
Apple expands reuse and recycle scheme, letting Android phones be swapped for iPhones
Replica Back to the Future Hoverboard released
When did the Eiffel Tower open to the public? Six things you didn't know about iconic structure
Pacman Google Maps: company offers chance to play classic arcade game on real streets
- 1 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 2 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 3 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 4 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
- 5 A new (old) cure for MRSA? Revolting recipe from the Dark Ages may be key to defeat infection
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This leading supplier of compliance software a...
£24000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Associate System Engineer r...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: An Executive Assistant is required to join a l...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...