Topshop launches evening wear, opens new international stores
Tuesday 19 July 2011
The British retailer will release a new collection called Dress Up featuring cocktail dresses and evening gowns priced from $120.
"There was a hole in the market for all of our customers," Topshop owner Philip Green told Women's Wear Daily. "When we were figuring out something new to introduce, [we found] there was something our customer was missing, a cocktail dress at a $120 price point or a long silk gown you could wear to a wedding for $350."
And there was more Topshop news Monday: North America is getting three new shopping locations, with Toronto and Chicago opening in September, and a Las Vegas flagship launching next March. Brazil is to follow around the same time, and an Australia opening is planned for later in 2012. Green is reportedly also thinking about taking Topshop to Mexico in the near future.
Life & Style blogs
Free porn websites could be shut down within months, says David Cameron
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Amazon Prime - how to cancel: after Top Gear hiring, instructions on how to leave premium service
National Orgasm Day: Don't get caught up on climaxing
Fancying someone else can actually improve a relationship, study finds
- 1 Stuart Baggs dies: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 2 Whoopi Goldberg tells Cara Delevingne to suck it up: 'She's not famous. I'M famous'
- 3 Jeremy Clarkson’s Amazon Prime deal to reunite Top Gear trio thumbs nose at the BBC
- 4 Every club should be like Labour – you can’t join as a new member unless you’re already a member
- 5 1000 people played Foo Fighters simultaneously to try and get them to play their city
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This digital and print design a...
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An Engineering Project Manager ...
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leading manufacturer and i...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Document Controller is required to join a le...