Topshop launches evening wear, opens new international stores
Tuesday 19 July 2011
The British retailer will release a new collection called Dress Up featuring cocktail dresses and evening gowns priced from $120.
"There was a hole in the market for all of our customers," Topshop owner Philip Green told Women's Wear Daily. "When we were figuring out something new to introduce, [we found] there was something our customer was missing, a cocktail dress at a $120 price point or a long silk gown you could wear to a wedding for $350."
And there was more Topshop news Monday: North America is getting three new shopping locations, with Toronto and Chicago opening in September, and a Las Vegas flagship launching next March. Brazil is to follow around the same time, and an Australia opening is planned for later in 2012. Green is reportedly also thinking about taking Topshop to Mexico in the near future.
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
iPhone 6s photos leak shows new phone will be thicker than iPhone 6, could make cases defunct
Women really are more attracted to men who make them laugh, study finds
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
- 1 Refugee crisis: Sweden the only European country with a majority favourable towards non-EU immigration
- 2 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 3 Bob Geldof offers to take four refugee families into his home 'immediately' as he condemns humanitarian crisis as a ‘f**king disgrace'
- 4 Malnourished two-year-old found being breastfed by dog in Chile
- 5 Bryan Cranston speaks candidly about wealth
£37040 - £43600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The UK's export credit agency a...
£25000 - £27500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides a compreh...
£16800 - £19500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Would you like to join an organ...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In the last five years this com...