Virtual fashion: Bloglovin' Awards, runway shopping, Derek Lam for eBay
Wednesday 16 February 2011
See what's happening in online fashion this week.
The Bloglovin' Awards during New York fashion week recognized Fashiontoast (Best Personal Style Blog, Blog of the Year), The Sartorialist (Best Streetstyle), Who What Wear (Best News Blog), the Man Repeller (Most Original Blog), and The Blonde Salad (Newcomer of the Year).
Moda Operandi - a new shopping site curated by Vogue's Lauren Santo Domingo - launches February 16, which will enable fashion fans to shop looks off US designers' runways. The move is heralded as a democratization of the industry since for the first time, it won't exclusively be professional buyers that decide what customers can buy. A 50-percent down payment will bag you a look from Alexander Wang's show - that took place February 12- in the site's first sale. Santo Domingo and her partner, Aslaug Magnusdottir, are aiming at bringing the looks to customers within 48 hours after a show.
Asian American designer Derek Lam has designed an accessibly priced collection for eBay that will hit the auction site February 16. Vote on your favorite items, and the top five looks will go into production to be shopped online this spring.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >
£80000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior C++ De...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Server Dev...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Leading Electronic Trading Software Ven...
£23999 - £32001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: An independent ac...