Watch: behind the scenes of Karl Lagerfeld's collection for Macy's
Sunday 21 August 2011
In a new video released to promote the German designer's collaboration with the US department store, Lagerfeld can be seen adding the finishing touches to the collection and photographing the clothes on one of his favorite models, Coco Rocha.
Staying true to his Kaiser-isms, Lagerfeld advises to "think pink, but don't wear it" and, when asked about the inspiration behind the range, offers it was "all about Macy's." Watch the video at http://vimeo.com/cocorocha/macys.
In addition to being the creative head at Chanel, the designer has partnered with more affordable brands in the past, creating clothes for Swedish clothing chain H&M and French mail-order company La Redoute. Another newly confirmed Macy's design collaboration, however, is causing a lot of buzz due to the designer's usual exclusiveness: haute couturier Giambattista Valli will release a capsule collection, priced from $50 to $150, at the end of October.
Lagerfeld's creations will become available at more than 200 Macy's stores and online on August 31.
Life & Style blogs
Airline food across the classes: Ever wondered what the other half are eating?
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Huawei P8 review: best phones nobody's seen from the biggest company nobody's heard
The busiest Starbucks in the US is also the most secretive - it's where the CIA gets its coffee fix
Contraceptive pill 'can affect emotions by changing structure of brain'
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
£18000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£16500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Chiropractic Assistant is needed in a ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides coaching ...