Watch: Léa Seydoux does the Apache in new Prada fragrance ad
Thursday 18 August 2011
For its new perfume, Candy, the Italian brand Prada hired the young French actress Léa Seydoux to lose control and take the lead.
Inspired by the Apache, a dance performed in Paris in the 1930s, Seydoux engages in a wild yet elegant routine with her piano teacher, guiding him instead of being guided - presumably the idea of a woman conveyed by Prada, which is clearly after a new younger, more daring audience.
Life & Style blogs
McDonald's is finally trialling all-day breakfast
Apple expands reuse and recycle scheme, letting Android phones be swapped for iPhones
Replica Back to the Future Hoverboard released
When did the Eiffel Tower open to the public? Six things you didn't know about iconic structure
Pacman Google Maps: company offers chance to play classic arcade game on real streets
- 1 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 2 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 3 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 4 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
- 5 A new (old) cure for MRSA? Revolting recipe from the Dark Ages may be key to defeat infection
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This leading supplier of compliance software a...
£24000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Associate System Engineer r...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: An Executive Assistant is required to join a l...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...