Watch: Lady Gaga on the catwalk
Thursday 03 March 2011
Lady Gaga hit Mugler's runway on March 2, while premiering her new track, "Government Hooker."
A live broadcast showed backstage preparations before following Gaga onto the stage where she walked among fashion models, dramatically demonstrating the flowy fabrics of Nicola Formichetti's creations for the fashion house.
What came down the runway was not as alienesque or 'anatomic' as expected - apart from the fully tattooed Rick Genest's appearance and the occasional sculpted pointy ears of course. Rather, there were some bondage- and S&M-inspired pieces, sometimes paired with Asian elements such as the hat Gaga wore for her walk. And there were some elegantly structured, voluminous pieces that looked surprisingly wearable.
But Formichetti's biggest triumph wasn't Gaga or the music or the 'freaks' on his runway: it was Anna Wintour's smile (!) at the end of the show.
Watch the spectacle at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXONV5d5I0A.
Life & Style blogs
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Virtual reality thrusts viewers into the frontline of global events - and puts film-goers at the heart of the action
Fifty years of David Bowie's hairstyles in one animated gif
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
British Breakfast Awards 2015: London restaurant wins prize for inventive take on the Full English
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Russian girl takes her own life after parents find pornography on her computer
- 3 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
£90 - £140 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: I am currently working in partnersh...
£96000 - £200000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Looking for a better earning p...
£32000 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A rapidly expanding company in ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A PA is required to join a leading provider of...