Watch: Lady Gaga on the catwalk
Thursday 03 March 2011
Lady Gaga hit Mugler's runway on March 2, while premiering her new track, "Government Hooker."
A live broadcast showed backstage preparations before following Gaga onto the stage where she walked among fashion models, dramatically demonstrating the flowy fabrics of Nicola Formichetti's creations for the fashion house.
What came down the runway was not as alienesque or 'anatomic' as expected - apart from the fully tattooed Rick Genest's appearance and the occasional sculpted pointy ears of course. Rather, there were some bondage- and S&M-inspired pieces, sometimes paired with Asian elements such as the hat Gaga wore for her walk. And there were some elegantly structured, voluminous pieces that looked surprisingly wearable.
But Formichetti's biggest triumph wasn't Gaga or the music or the 'freaks' on his runway: it was Anna Wintour's smile (!) at the end of the show.
Watch the spectacle at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXONV5d5I0A.
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 2 Orange Is The New Black has not been cancelled – it was a hoax
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 5 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...
£27,000-£34,000 per annum: US Embassy: An office of the US Embassy based in Be...
£27,000-£34,000 per annum: US Embassy: An office of the US Embassy London base...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + bonus + bens: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: IT Sy...
£45000 - £60000 per annum: Charter Selection: Charter Selection are working wi...