Weekly beauty tutorials: all about the eyes
Thursday 14 October 2010
This week's beauty video tutorials focus on your pretty peepers from tips on how to apply dramatic liquid eyeliner to how to update the smoky eye look with sultry navy blue eyeshow. Get ready to wink and play!
Learn how to get an enviable cat eye look that will dramatically open your eyes with this animated step-by-step video tutorial by San Francisco-based Benefit Cosmetics. The video uses Benefit's Magic Ink black liquid eyeliner to create both a casual day look and sensual night look.
Frame your pretty eyes with strong, fierce brows. MAC Senior Artist Gina shows you how to find your arch, the point where it should peak and lift the eye. Watch her work a pencil to create a power brow that takes charge.
Shimmery Party Peepers
Trendy UK fast fashion retailer Topshop shows you how to create a shimmering, after-hours look with Topshop's Midnight Glitter Crayon and dark eyeliner. A look that party girl Kate Moss would surely covet!
This is a dramatic look that mimics the sultry eyes Middle Eastern women are famed for. Marlena, better known as Makeup Geek on YouTube, shows you how to layer shimmery gold eyeshadow atop dark eyeshadow to make the colors pop. This look is bold - color from the lashline up to the brow - a surefire way to get noticed.
Life & Style blogs
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
A nap a day could save your life
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
Windows 10 automatically sends parents detailed dossier of their children's internet history and computer use
The antidote to Tinder? Majority of dating app users want relationship, rather than hook-ups, study finds
- 1 Barbarians vs Samoa interrupted by sprinklers as fans criticise lack of Wi-Fi and poor seating at West Ham's Olympic Stadium
- 2 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 3 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 4 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 5 David De Gea to Real Madrid: Real finally get their man with £29m bid for Manchester United goalkeeper
£28000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£22000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company's mission is to ma...
£13832 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This 5 star leisure destination on the w...
£20000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Account Manager is requ...