Weekly beauty tutorials: look dolce with these Milan-inspired looks
Thursday 03 March 2011
These beauty tutorials, helping you with some of the makeup and hair seen on Milan's runways, will have people greeting you with "Ciao, bella!" in no time.
Strong brows are getting stronger and stronger, and Frankie Morello was just one of the designers who had his models sport the stern yet elegant look. Bold brows are perfect to make a statement on a night out, and this tutorial shows you how to achieve them - no matter if you prefer pencils or eye shadow to fill them in.
If there's one new eye makeup trend this season, it's being blue-eyed. Everyone from Catherine Malandrino to Betsey Johnson or Aganovich opted for blue eye shadows, with Milan being no exception, as seen on Jil Sander's runway. To avoid that 1980s feel of the look, go for a blue smoky eye as demonstrated in this tutorial.
Kohl-rimmed eyes are not exactly new but their effect is undeniable, and designers including Emilio Pucci, Roberto Cavalli, and Moschino agree. To keep it up to date, pair the look with a bright orange lip for spring.
Retro hair styles are having a moment, and the quiff, as seen at Antonio Marras, is one that's rather easy to do. Channel your inner Elvis with this look that only takes a few minutes to create.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
£35000 - £50000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior QA Engineer (Agil...
£26000 - £28000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Digital Marketing Executive (SEO, PP...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our retail client ...
£400 - £450 Per Annum possibly more for the right candidate: Clearwater People...