Weekly beauty tutorials: look dolce with these Milan-inspired looks
Thursday 03 March 2011
These beauty tutorials, helping you with some of the makeup and hair seen on Milan's runways, will have people greeting you with "Ciao, bella!" in no time.
Strong brows are getting stronger and stronger, and Frankie Morello was just one of the designers who had his models sport the stern yet elegant look. Bold brows are perfect to make a statement on a night out, and this tutorial shows you how to achieve them - no matter if you prefer pencils or eye shadow to fill them in.
If there's one new eye makeup trend this season, it's being blue-eyed. Everyone from Catherine Malandrino to Betsey Johnson or Aganovich opted for blue eye shadows, with Milan being no exception, as seen on Jil Sander's runway. To avoid that 1980s feel of the look, go for a blue smoky eye as demonstrated in this tutorial.
Kohl-rimmed eyes are not exactly new but their effect is undeniable, and designers including Emilio Pucci, Roberto Cavalli, and Moschino agree. To keep it up to date, pair the look with a bright orange lip for spring.
Retro hair styles are having a moment, and the quiff, as seen at Antonio Marras, is one that's rather easy to do. Channel your inner Elvis with this look that only takes a few minutes to create.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 3 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 4 Britney Spears sings 'Alien' without Auto-Tune in embarrassingly brilliant leaked audio clip
- 5 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
£60000 - £75000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Business Analyst Consultant (Fina...
£60000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A leading provider in investment managemen...
£600 - £700 per day: Harrington Starr: AVS, JVS Openlink Endur Developer JVS, ...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Exciting opp...