Weekly Facebook fashion index: these labels are good sports
Tuesday 30 March 2010
From 'skater heads' to 'sneaker freaks,' sporty enthusiasts' fashion becomes more than just clothing, and labels are worn religiously. But which sportswear brand is the most popular on Facebook?
A good look at the Stylophane Facebook Fashion Index reveals: following the 'classics' (Adidas, Nike, Puma, in descending order), it is mainly skate- and snowboard as well as surfer brands that get fans' pulses racing - "QUIKSILVER IS LIFE!!!" is just one example of the raving comments community members leave on the brands' Facebook profiles.
It is also striking how all of these brands have a broader following than prominent luxe labels including Yves Saint Laurent (284,012 fans) or Dior (187,904).
Here are this week's most-followed sportswear labels and their growth rates:
1) Adidas (+11%, 2,680,585 fans)
2) Nike (+5.5%, 2,009,930 fans)
3) Puma (+3.52%, 1,467,640 fans)
4) Lacoste (+4.83%, 1,300,917 fans)
5) Abercrombie and Fitch (new, 945,341 fans)
6) Hollister Co. (new, 489,411 fans)
7) Roxy (+8.46%, 394,461 fans)
8) Volcom (+7.52%, 393,055 fans)
9) Billabong (+5.64%, 291,825 fans)
8) Quiksilver (+6.25%, 289,079 fans)
Divided into four categories (Platinum: more than 100,000 fans, Gold: 10,000 - 100,000, Silver: 1,000 - 10,000, Bronze: 10 - 1,000), Stylophane's rankings are updated daily (and expressed in graphs), and new brands can be added upon request.
Life & Style blogs
Alexander McQueen at auction: What makes a really great piece of fashion?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
No female ejaculation, please, we’re British: a history of porn and censorship
Stressed nurses are 'forced to choose between health of patients and their own'
Pornhub: Kim Kardashian's sex tape is the most-watched porn video of all-time
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
£40k - 45k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: We are currently recruit...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: C#.Net Developer - C#, ASP.Net, HTML...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join the South West'...
£25000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An expanding business based in ...