Weekly Facebook fashion index: these labels are good sports
Tuesday 30 March 2010
From 'skater heads' to 'sneaker freaks,' sporty enthusiasts' fashion becomes more than just clothing, and labels are worn religiously. But which sportswear brand is the most popular on Facebook?
A good look at the Stylophane Facebook Fashion Index reveals: following the 'classics' (Adidas, Nike, Puma, in descending order), it is mainly skate- and snowboard as well as surfer brands that get fans' pulses racing - "QUIKSILVER IS LIFE!!!" is just one example of the raving comments community members leave on the brands' Facebook profiles.
It is also striking how all of these brands have a broader following than prominent luxe labels including Yves Saint Laurent (284,012 fans) or Dior (187,904).
Here are this week's most-followed sportswear labels and their growth rates:
1) Adidas (+11%, 2,680,585 fans)
2) Nike (+5.5%, 2,009,930 fans)
3) Puma (+3.52%, 1,467,640 fans)
4) Lacoste (+4.83%, 1,300,917 fans)
5) Abercrombie and Fitch (new, 945,341 fans)
6) Hollister Co. (new, 489,411 fans)
7) Roxy (+8.46%, 394,461 fans)
8) Volcom (+7.52%, 393,055 fans)
9) Billabong (+5.64%, 291,825 fans)
8) Quiksilver (+6.25%, 289,079 fans)
Divided into four categories (Platinum: more than 100,000 fans, Gold: 10,000 - 100,000, Silver: 1,000 - 10,000, Bronze: 10 - 1,000), Stylophane's rankings are updated daily (and expressed in graphs), and new brands can be added upon request.
Life & Style blogs
The Last of Us: Ashley Johnson says she would play Ellie in a sequel
Meow Chat: New messaging app combines Tinder and WhatsApp - but is it safe?
Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
How much independence should children have?
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian and me: How Olivier Rousteing is revitalising the house of Balmain
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 Christians: The world's most persecuted people
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- < Previous
- Next >
Competitive: The Green Recruitment Company: The Organisation: The Green Recrui...
£350 - £400 per annum + competitive: Orgtel: Project Manager (specializing in ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Embedded Sof...
£50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: Working for a m...