Weekly fashion indicators: biker and bohemian in, Rykiel debuts
Tuesday 04 January 2011
Sonia by Sonia Rykiel, Zooey Deschanel and motorcycle jackets all debut in this week's charts, while Polyvore users' top sites stay static.
Perhaps due to actress Keira Knightley's appearance on the cover of Vogue's UK January edition wearing Sonia by Sonia Rykiel and Miu Miu, the former brand debuted in Polyvore's charts and the latter climbed three places.
Actress Zooey Deschanel made her first appearance in this week's Top Celebrities Chart. The 500 Days of Summer star is also a musician, playing and singing in the indie folk duo She & Him. Zooey Deschanel is allegedly suing Steve Madden after a dispute over payment for a planned footwear and accessories line.
Change is in the air for trends as re-entries dominate this week's charts: bohemian climbs three places to the top of the table and motorcycle jackets - the longtime fashion staple of edgy fashionistas - leap into second position in this week's trends charts.
However, unusually for the fickle Polyvore users, there is no change in this week's top sites, with summery stockist Calypso St. Barth remaining in the top spot for the third week in a row.
01. Michael Kors (+2)
02. Oscar de la Renta (no change)
03. Helmut Lang (-3)
04. A.L.C (new entry)
05. Miu Miu (+3)
06. Proenza Schouler (-2)
07. Yves Saint Laurent (-2)
08. Sonia by Sonia Rykiel (new entry)
09. Marc by Marc Jacobs (+1)
10. 3.1 Phillip Lim (-3)
01. calypsostbarth.com (no change)
02. lagarconne.com (no change)
03. zimmermannstore.com (no change)
04. net-a-porter.com (no change)
05. theoutnet.com (no change)
06. singer22.com (no change)
07. nordstrom.com (no change)
08. idontlikemondays.us (no change)
09. shopthetrendboutique.com (no change)
10. stylebop.com (no change)
01. Leighton Meester (no change)
02. Emma Watson (no change)
03. Blake Lively (+1)
04. Audrey Hepburn (-1)
05. Rihanna (no change)
06. Kate Moss (+3)
07. Pink (-1)
08. Olivia Palermo (-1)
09. Zooey Deschanel (new entry)
10. Taylor Swift (-2)
01. bohemian (+3)
02. motorcycle jackets (new entry)
03. floral print (re-entry)
04. blazers (-3)
05. oxford shoes (re-entry)
06. vintage jewelry (-4)
07. polka dots (re-entry)
08. denim shorts (re-entry)
09. gladiator sandals (no change)
10. sequined dresses (new entry)
Data collected on January 04.
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month. http://www.polyvore.com
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
Google has set its terrifying, dreaming image robots on the public
The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 3 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 4 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 5 Baby rescued 1km out to sea after parents forgot about her
£17000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are fluent in Japanese a...
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...