Weekly fashion indicators: biker and bohemian in, Rykiel debuts
Tuesday 04 January 2011
Sonia by Sonia Rykiel, Zooey Deschanel and motorcycle jackets all debut in this week's charts, while Polyvore users' top sites stay static.
Perhaps due to actress Keira Knightley's appearance on the cover of Vogue's UK January edition wearing Sonia by Sonia Rykiel and Miu Miu, the former brand debuted in Polyvore's charts and the latter climbed three places.
Actress Zooey Deschanel made her first appearance in this week's Top Celebrities Chart. The 500 Days of Summer star is also a musician, playing and singing in the indie folk duo She & Him. Zooey Deschanel is allegedly suing Steve Madden after a dispute over payment for a planned footwear and accessories line.
Change is in the air for trends as re-entries dominate this week's charts: bohemian climbs three places to the top of the table and motorcycle jackets - the longtime fashion staple of edgy fashionistas - leap into second position in this week's trends charts.
However, unusually for the fickle Polyvore users, there is no change in this week's top sites, with summery stockist Calypso St. Barth remaining in the top spot for the third week in a row.
01. Michael Kors (+2)
02. Oscar de la Renta (no change)
03. Helmut Lang (-3)
04. A.L.C (new entry)
05. Miu Miu (+3)
06. Proenza Schouler (-2)
07. Yves Saint Laurent (-2)
08. Sonia by Sonia Rykiel (new entry)
09. Marc by Marc Jacobs (+1)
10. 3.1 Phillip Lim (-3)
01. calypsostbarth.com (no change)
02. lagarconne.com (no change)
03. zimmermannstore.com (no change)
04. net-a-porter.com (no change)
05. theoutnet.com (no change)
06. singer22.com (no change)
07. nordstrom.com (no change)
08. idontlikemondays.us (no change)
09. shopthetrendboutique.com (no change)
10. stylebop.com (no change)
01. Leighton Meester (no change)
02. Emma Watson (no change)
03. Blake Lively (+1)
04. Audrey Hepburn (-1)
05. Rihanna (no change)
06. Kate Moss (+3)
07. Pink (-1)
08. Olivia Palermo (-1)
09. Zooey Deschanel (new entry)
10. Taylor Swift (-2)
01. bohemian (+3)
02. motorcycle jackets (new entry)
03. floral print (re-entry)
04. blazers (-3)
05. oxford shoes (re-entry)
06. vintage jewelry (-4)
07. polka dots (re-entry)
08. denim shorts (re-entry)
09. gladiator sandals (no change)
10. sequined dresses (new entry)
Data collected on January 04.
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month. http://www.polyvore.com
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Men in tights: getting to the bottom of the latest trend
City traders pay £200 for a quick hangover cure
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
Eight-year-old girl Camilla Lisant suggests possible cancer treatment to her scientist father over the dinner table
- 1 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Canadian woman suing police who locked her in van with sex offender who then raped her
£15000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Now our rapidly expanding and A...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you passionate about great ...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing reinforcing s...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing reinforcing s...