Weekly fashion indicators: biker and bohemian in, Rykiel debuts
Tuesday 04 January 2011
Sonia by Sonia Rykiel, Zooey Deschanel and motorcycle jackets all debut in this week's charts, while Polyvore users' top sites stay static.
Perhaps due to actress Keira Knightley's appearance on the cover of Vogue's UK January edition wearing Sonia by Sonia Rykiel and Miu Miu, the former brand debuted in Polyvore's charts and the latter climbed three places.
Actress Zooey Deschanel made her first appearance in this week's Top Celebrities Chart. The 500 Days of Summer star is also a musician, playing and singing in the indie folk duo She & Him. Zooey Deschanel is allegedly suing Steve Madden after a dispute over payment for a planned footwear and accessories line.
Change is in the air for trends as re-entries dominate this week's charts: bohemian climbs three places to the top of the table and motorcycle jackets - the longtime fashion staple of edgy fashionistas - leap into second position in this week's trends charts.
However, unusually for the fickle Polyvore users, there is no change in this week's top sites, with summery stockist Calypso St. Barth remaining in the top spot for the third week in a row.
01. Michael Kors (+2)
02. Oscar de la Renta (no change)
03. Helmut Lang (-3)
04. A.L.C (new entry)
05. Miu Miu (+3)
06. Proenza Schouler (-2)
07. Yves Saint Laurent (-2)
08. Sonia by Sonia Rykiel (new entry)
09. Marc by Marc Jacobs (+1)
10. 3.1 Phillip Lim (-3)
01. calypsostbarth.com (no change)
02. lagarconne.com (no change)
03. zimmermannstore.com (no change)
04. net-a-porter.com (no change)
05. theoutnet.com (no change)
06. singer22.com (no change)
07. nordstrom.com (no change)
08. idontlikemondays.us (no change)
09. shopthetrendboutique.com (no change)
10. stylebop.com (no change)
01. Leighton Meester (no change)
02. Emma Watson (no change)
03. Blake Lively (+1)
04. Audrey Hepburn (-1)
05. Rihanna (no change)
06. Kate Moss (+3)
07. Pink (-1)
08. Olivia Palermo (-1)
09. Zooey Deschanel (new entry)
10. Taylor Swift (-2)
01. bohemian (+3)
02. motorcycle jackets (new entry)
03. floral print (re-entry)
04. blazers (-3)
05. oxford shoes (re-entry)
06. vintage jewelry (-4)
07. polka dots (re-entry)
08. denim shorts (re-entry)
09. gladiator sandals (no change)
10. sequined dresses (new entry)
Data collected on January 04.
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month. http://www.polyvore.com
Life & Style blogs
Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
The Fappening: After the third wave of leaked celebrity photos, why can't we stop it?
Londoners agree to give up first-born child in exchange for free internet
The truth about student sex workers: it's far from Belle Du Jour
Average Briton spends £50,000 on alcohol over course of lifetime
- 1 Reyhaneh Jabbari: Iran due to execute woman for murder of her alleged attempted rapist
- 2 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
- 5 British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany
- < Previous
- Next >
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager (Campaigns, Offlin...
£90000 - £135000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Marketing (B2C, Acquisition...
£27000 - £30000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client who are...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: Huxley Associates are currentl...