Weekly fashion indicators: biker and bohemian in, Rykiel debuts
Tuesday 04 January 2011
Sonia by Sonia Rykiel, Zooey Deschanel and motorcycle jackets all debut in this week's charts, while Polyvore users' top sites stay static.
Perhaps due to actress Keira Knightley's appearance on the cover of Vogue's UK January edition wearing Sonia by Sonia Rykiel and Miu Miu, the former brand debuted in Polyvore's charts and the latter climbed three places.
Actress Zooey Deschanel made her first appearance in this week's Top Celebrities Chart. The 500 Days of Summer star is also a musician, playing and singing in the indie folk duo She & Him. Zooey Deschanel is allegedly suing Steve Madden after a dispute over payment for a planned footwear and accessories line.
Change is in the air for trends as re-entries dominate this week's charts: bohemian climbs three places to the top of the table and motorcycle jackets - the longtime fashion staple of edgy fashionistas - leap into second position in this week's trends charts.
However, unusually for the fickle Polyvore users, there is no change in this week's top sites, with summery stockist Calypso St. Barth remaining in the top spot for the third week in a row.
01. Michael Kors (+2)
02. Oscar de la Renta (no change)
03. Helmut Lang (-3)
04. A.L.C (new entry)
05. Miu Miu (+3)
06. Proenza Schouler (-2)
07. Yves Saint Laurent (-2)
08. Sonia by Sonia Rykiel (new entry)
09. Marc by Marc Jacobs (+1)
10. 3.1 Phillip Lim (-3)
01. calypsostbarth.com (no change)
02. lagarconne.com (no change)
03. zimmermannstore.com (no change)
04. net-a-porter.com (no change)
05. theoutnet.com (no change)
06. singer22.com (no change)
07. nordstrom.com (no change)
08. idontlikemondays.us (no change)
09. shopthetrendboutique.com (no change)
10. stylebop.com (no change)
01. Leighton Meester (no change)
02. Emma Watson (no change)
03. Blake Lively (+1)
04. Audrey Hepburn (-1)
05. Rihanna (no change)
06. Kate Moss (+3)
07. Pink (-1)
08. Olivia Palermo (-1)
09. Zooey Deschanel (new entry)
10. Taylor Swift (-2)
01. bohemian (+3)
02. motorcycle jackets (new entry)
03. floral print (re-entry)
04. blazers (-3)
05. oxford shoes (re-entry)
06. vintage jewelry (-4)
07. polka dots (re-entry)
08. denim shorts (re-entry)
09. gladiator sandals (no change)
10. sequined dresses (new entry)
Data collected on January 04.
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month. http://www.polyvore.com
Life & Style blogs
Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
Boxing Day sales: From Asos to Harrods, the best fashion deals
Healthy living could have prevented half a million cancer cases over last five years
The food fad that's starving Bolivia
'Tis the season!: Google celebrates Christmas Eve with second animated Doodle
- 1 PlayStation and Xbox hacked by Lizard Squad
- 2 Katie Hopkins speaks out on childhood obesity: 'Parents of fat children should be prosecuted for child cruelty'
- 3 The Grace Dent Christmas Questionnaire
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 Vagina canoe artist defends herself over ‘obscenity’ charges
£40000 - £43000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior Marketing Executiv...
£40000 - £43000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: An international organisa...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Internal Recruiter -Rugby, Warwicksh...
£70000 - £75000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager/Marketi...