Weekly fashion indicators: find the right summer shoes
Tuesday 18 May 2010
Polyvore users are pondering shoe choices for the upcoming months, including ballet flats, high top sneakers, and the ever-popular gladiator sandals.
One relatively little-known label, Paloma Barceló, has entered the brands' top ten at #4 for offering so many summer options, including sandals, espadrilles, and wedges (all of them are available at http://www.shoptheshoebox.com). Also, Anna Molinari, the Italian brand known for its flirty, 1960s-inspired pieces, is making a comeback for summer, rocketing to #1 in brands.
As for sites, conceptual online stores such as thecorner.com or paristexas.dk remain popular, while Matthew Williamson is still the users' go-to designer site.
1. Anna Molinari (new)
2. Alexander McQueen (+1)
3. Balenciaga (+1)
4. Paloma Barceló (new)
5. Proenza Schouler (-4)
6. Chloé (+1)
7. Future Collectables (new)
8. Christian Louboutin (+2)
9. Casadei (re-entry)
10. Max Mara (re-entry)
1. tacori.com (no change)
2. maxandchloe.com (+1)
3. forzieri.com (+2)
4. refinery29shops.com (+4)
5. stevenalan.com (new)
6. matthewwilliamson.com (+3)
7. thecorner.com (-3)
8. paristexas.dk (new)
9. aliceandolivia.com (re-entry)
10. youheshe.com (re-entry)
1. Leighton Meester (no change)
2. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
3. Miranda Cosgrove (+3)
4. Blake Lively (-1)
5. Lady Gaga (no change)
6. Taylor Momsen (-2)
7. Kristen Stewart (+2)
8. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (no change)
9. Emma Watson (-2)
10. Jessica Stam (no change)
1. knuckle rings (new)
2. high top sneakers (+4)
3. ballet flats (+5)
4. fedora hats (re-entry)
5. denim shorts (re-entry)
6. high waisted skirts (-5)
7. denim vests (re-entry)
8. mini skirts (re-entry)
9. lace tights (new)
10. gladiator sandals (re-entry)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
iPhone 6s photos leak shows new phone will be thicker than iPhone 6, could make cases defunct
Overly-controlling parents cause their children lifelong psychological damage, says study
Women really are more attracted to men who make them laugh, study finds
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 4 Bob Geldof offers to take four refugee families into his home 'immediately' as he condemns humanitarian crisis as a ‘f**king disgrace'
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
£37040 - £43600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The UK's export credit agency a...
£25000 - £27500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides a compreh...
£16800 - £19500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Would you like to join an organ...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In the last five years this com...