Weekly fashion indicators: find the right summer shoes
Tuesday 18 May 2010
Polyvore users are pondering shoe choices for the upcoming months, including ballet flats, high top sneakers, and the ever-popular gladiator sandals.
One relatively little-known label, Paloma Barceló, has entered the brands' top ten at #4 for offering so many summer options, including sandals, espadrilles, and wedges (all of them are available at http://www.shoptheshoebox.com). Also, Anna Molinari, the Italian brand known for its flirty, 1960s-inspired pieces, is making a comeback for summer, rocketing to #1 in brands.
As for sites, conceptual online stores such as thecorner.com or paristexas.dk remain popular, while Matthew Williamson is still the users' go-to designer site.
1. Anna Molinari (new)
2. Alexander McQueen (+1)
3. Balenciaga (+1)
4. Paloma Barceló (new)
5. Proenza Schouler (-4)
6. Chloé (+1)
7. Future Collectables (new)
8. Christian Louboutin (+2)
9. Casadei (re-entry)
10. Max Mara (re-entry)
1. tacori.com (no change)
2. maxandchloe.com (+1)
3. forzieri.com (+2)
4. refinery29shops.com (+4)
5. stevenalan.com (new)
6. matthewwilliamson.com (+3)
7. thecorner.com (-3)
8. paristexas.dk (new)
9. aliceandolivia.com (re-entry)
10. youheshe.com (re-entry)
1. Leighton Meester (no change)
2. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
3. Miranda Cosgrove (+3)
4. Blake Lively (-1)
5. Lady Gaga (no change)
6. Taylor Momsen (-2)
7. Kristen Stewart (+2)
8. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (no change)
9. Emma Watson (-2)
10. Jessica Stam (no change)
1. knuckle rings (new)
2. high top sneakers (+4)
3. ballet flats (+5)
4. fedora hats (re-entry)
5. denim shorts (re-entry)
6. high waisted skirts (-5)
7. denim vests (re-entry)
8. mini skirts (re-entry)
9. lace tights (new)
10. gladiator sandals (re-entry)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
Babies cry at night to stop mothers procreating, scientists claim
Naked yoga: the bare truth - it's already big in the US, and has now landed here
Health warning over 88,000 foreign doctors working in the NHS
Baby catches deadly meningitis infection from cat
Kim Jong-ale: How did Ushers brewery of Trowbridge end up in North Korea producing Pyongyang's number one beer - and what did it take to set up a taste test back in Wiltshire?
- 1 Are you turning into your dad? The top ten signs you've embraced dad-ism revealed as survey says 38 is age men turn into their father
- 2 Overheard in Waitrose: documenting the chatter in 'Britain's poshest supermarket'
- 3 Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy attacked as 'sinful'
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Grace Dent on TV: Game of Thrones has jumped the shark
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is a company that specializ...
£153.75 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is an innovative outsourcin...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company has been providing on site ...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: We've been supplying best of breed peopl...