Weekly fashion indicators: find the right summer shoes
Tuesday 18 May 2010
Polyvore users are pondering shoe choices for the upcoming months, including ballet flats, high top sneakers, and the ever-popular gladiator sandals.
One relatively little-known label, Paloma Barceló, has entered the brands' top ten at #4 for offering so many summer options, including sandals, espadrilles, and wedges (all of them are available at http://www.shoptheshoebox.com). Also, Anna Molinari, the Italian brand known for its flirty, 1960s-inspired pieces, is making a comeback for summer, rocketing to #1 in brands.
As for sites, conceptual online stores such as thecorner.com or paristexas.dk remain popular, while Matthew Williamson is still the users' go-to designer site.
1. Anna Molinari (new)
2. Alexander McQueen (+1)
3. Balenciaga (+1)
4. Paloma Barceló (new)
5. Proenza Schouler (-4)
6. Chloé (+1)
7. Future Collectables (new)
8. Christian Louboutin (+2)
9. Casadei (re-entry)
10. Max Mara (re-entry)
1. tacori.com (no change)
2. maxandchloe.com (+1)
3. forzieri.com (+2)
4. refinery29shops.com (+4)
5. stevenalan.com (new)
6. matthewwilliamson.com (+3)
7. thecorner.com (-3)
8. paristexas.dk (new)
9. aliceandolivia.com (re-entry)
10. youheshe.com (re-entry)
1. Leighton Meester (no change)
2. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
3. Miranda Cosgrove (+3)
4. Blake Lively (-1)
5. Lady Gaga (no change)
6. Taylor Momsen (-2)
7. Kristen Stewart (+2)
8. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (no change)
9. Emma Watson (-2)
10. Jessica Stam (no change)
1. knuckle rings (new)
2. high top sneakers (+4)
3. ballet flats (+5)
4. fedora hats (re-entry)
5. denim shorts (re-entry)
6. high waisted skirts (-5)
7. denim vests (re-entry)
8. mini skirts (re-entry)
9. lace tights (new)
10. gladiator sandals (re-entry)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month.
New essay by JK Rowling went live on Pottermore site on Friday
Top Gear presenter is no stranger to foot-in-mouth controversy
New UK station Russia Today gives a very bizarre view of Britain
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 2 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 3 Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson criticised for beer tweet
- 4 Woman blinded as a child can see again after hitting her head on a coffee table
- 5 The bubble bursts for Sodastream
£40000 - £65000 per annum + bonus + benefits + OT: Ampersand Consulting LLP: M...
£22800 - £33600 per annum: Randstad Education Manchester Secondary: The JobAt ...
£22800 - £33600 per annum: Randstad Education Manchester Secondary: Calling al...
£100 - £125 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: EYFS Teachers - East Essex...