Weekly fashion indicators: find the right summer shoes
Tuesday 18 May 2010
Polyvore users are pondering shoe choices for the upcoming months, including ballet flats, high top sneakers, and the ever-popular gladiator sandals.
One relatively little-known label, Paloma Barceló, has entered the brands' top ten at #4 for offering so many summer options, including sandals, espadrilles, and wedges (all of them are available at http://www.shoptheshoebox.com). Also, Anna Molinari, the Italian brand known for its flirty, 1960s-inspired pieces, is making a comeback for summer, rocketing to #1 in brands.
As for sites, conceptual online stores such as thecorner.com or paristexas.dk remain popular, while Matthew Williamson is still the users' go-to designer site.
1. Anna Molinari (new)
2. Alexander McQueen (+1)
3. Balenciaga (+1)
4. Paloma Barceló (new)
5. Proenza Schouler (-4)
6. Chloé (+1)
7. Future Collectables (new)
8. Christian Louboutin (+2)
9. Casadei (re-entry)
10. Max Mara (re-entry)
1. tacori.com (no change)
2. maxandchloe.com (+1)
3. forzieri.com (+2)
4. refinery29shops.com (+4)
5. stevenalan.com (new)
6. matthewwilliamson.com (+3)
7. thecorner.com (-3)
8. paristexas.dk (new)
9. aliceandolivia.com (re-entry)
10. youheshe.com (re-entry)
1. Leighton Meester (no change)
2. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
3. Miranda Cosgrove (+3)
4. Blake Lively (-1)
5. Lady Gaga (no change)
6. Taylor Momsen (-2)
7. Kristen Stewart (+2)
8. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (no change)
9. Emma Watson (-2)
10. Jessica Stam (no change)
1. knuckle rings (new)
2. high top sneakers (+4)
3. ballet flats (+5)
4. fedora hats (re-entry)
5. denim shorts (re-entry)
6. high waisted skirts (-5)
7. denim vests (re-entry)
8. mini skirts (re-entry)
9. lace tights (new)
10. gladiator sandals (re-entry)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
Holocaust Memorial Day: 70 years since Auschwitz liberation, these are the stories of survivors
Double chins could be 'cured' without surgery or dieting using new injection
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
Hershey's angers US chocolate purists by forcing company to stop importing 'yummy' Cadbury bars
Facebook, Instagram websites down — Lizard Squad hint at involvement, but Facebook claims it broke itself
- 1 Double chins could be 'cured' without surgery or dieting using new injection
- 2 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 3 Dog thinks owner is drowning in lake, dives in and tries to pull him out
- 4 Thank heavens for Louise Mensch and her foul-mouthed tweets to world leaders
- 5 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
£125 - £150 per day + Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: A 'wonderful primary ...
£90 - £140 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: Our client is an 11-16 mixed commun...
£32000 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A rapidly developing company in...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Application Architect/Developer - Peterborough, Cam...