Weekly fashion indicators: girls who like boys
Tuesday 06 July 2010
Men's fashion week trends including harem pants, jeggings (yes, there were jeggings for guys), and denim vests have impacted on Polyvore users' preferences this week.
Speaking of denim: its comeback is now official, with four of the site's top ten trends being about the material, be it vests, shorts, tie-dye pants, or said jeggings (short for jeans leggings).
The fact that leather gloves are ranking among users' favorite items in July indicates a further step towards the end of seasonal dressing, which has been heralded by fashion critics before (prompted by shorts and t-shirts made from leather - usually a winter staple - at Céline).
In brands, Rebecca Minkoff - last week's new entry - has made it to the top, while Ray Ban's sunglasses are back for summer. New jewelry labels, Kenneth Jay Lane and Rosantica are mingling with fashion heavyweights including Miu Miu, Prada, and Chloé.
1. Rebecca Minkoff (+1)
2. Miu Miu (+1)
3. Ray-Ban (re-entry)
4. Prada (+2)
5. Alexander Wang (no change)
6. Balenciaga (re-entry)
7. Kenneth Jay Lane (new)
8. Rosantica (new)
9. Chloé (-8)
10. Valentino (re-entry)
1. styledrops.com (no change)
2. maxandchloe.com (no change)
3. greenwichjewelers.com (+1)
4. alexisbittar.com (+1)
5. tarinatarantino.com (re-entry)
6. calypso-celle.com (no change)
7. settygallery.com (new)
8. lagarconne.com (re-entry)
9 charmandchain.com (new)
10. farfetch.com (-3)
1. Audrey Hepburn (+1)
2. Kristen Stewart (-1)
3. Emma Watson (+1)
4. Lady Gaga (-1)
5. Leighton Meester (no change)
6. Ashley Greene (no change)
7. Taylor Momsen (no change)
8. Rihanna (re-entry)
9. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (-1)
10. Blake Lively (-1)
1. harem pants (re-entry)
2. fingerless gloves (re-entry)
3. jean jackets (re-entry)
4. jeggings (new)
5. tie-dye denim (new)
6. maxi dresses (re-entry)
7. denim shorts (re-entry)
8. slouchy t-shirts (re-entry)
9. leather gloves (new)
10. denim vests (re-entry)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Are you turning into your dad? The top ten signs you've embraced dad-ism revealed as survey says 38 is age men turn into their father
- 2 Overheard in Waitrose: documenting the chatter in 'Britain's poshest supermarket'
- 3 Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy attacked as 'sinful'
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Grace Dent on TV: Game of Thrones has jumped the shark
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is a company that specializ...
£153.75 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is an innovative outsourcin...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company has been providing on site ...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: We've been supplying best of breed peopl...