Weekly fashion indicators: girls who like boys
Tuesday 06 July 2010
Men's fashion week trends including harem pants, jeggings (yes, there were jeggings for guys), and denim vests have impacted on Polyvore users' preferences this week.
Speaking of denim: its comeback is now official, with four of the site's top ten trends being about the material, be it vests, shorts, tie-dye pants, or said jeggings (short for jeans leggings).
The fact that leather gloves are ranking among users' favorite items in July indicates a further step towards the end of seasonal dressing, which has been heralded by fashion critics before (prompted by shorts and t-shirts made from leather - usually a winter staple - at Céline).
In brands, Rebecca Minkoff - last week's new entry - has made it to the top, while Ray Ban's sunglasses are back for summer. New jewelry labels, Kenneth Jay Lane and Rosantica are mingling with fashion heavyweights including Miu Miu, Prada, and Chloé.
1. Rebecca Minkoff (+1)
2. Miu Miu (+1)
3. Ray-Ban (re-entry)
4. Prada (+2)
5. Alexander Wang (no change)
6. Balenciaga (re-entry)
7. Kenneth Jay Lane (new)
8. Rosantica (new)
9. Chloé (-8)
10. Valentino (re-entry)
1. styledrops.com (no change)
2. maxandchloe.com (no change)
3. greenwichjewelers.com (+1)
4. alexisbittar.com (+1)
5. tarinatarantino.com (re-entry)
6. calypso-celle.com (no change)
7. settygallery.com (new)
8. lagarconne.com (re-entry)
9 charmandchain.com (new)
10. farfetch.com (-3)
1. Audrey Hepburn (+1)
2. Kristen Stewart (-1)
3. Emma Watson (+1)
4. Lady Gaga (-1)
5. Leighton Meester (no change)
6. Ashley Greene (no change)
7. Taylor Momsen (no change)
8. Rihanna (re-entry)
9. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (-1)
10. Blake Lively (-1)
1. harem pants (re-entry)
2. fingerless gloves (re-entry)
3. jean jackets (re-entry)
4. jeggings (new)
5. tie-dye denim (new)
6. maxi dresses (re-entry)
7. denim shorts (re-entry)
8. slouchy t-shirts (re-entry)
9. leather gloves (new)
10. denim vests (re-entry)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
Sugary drinks are killing 184,000 adults around the world every year, says study
Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Isis propaganda video shows 25 Syrian soldiers executed by teenage militants in Palmyra
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 4 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
- 5 German man found living with 300 rats in tiny apartment
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This family owned, independent ...
£17000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are fluent in Japanese a...