Weekly fashion indicators: girls who like boys
Tuesday 06 July 2010
Men's fashion week trends including harem pants, jeggings (yes, there were jeggings for guys), and denim vests have impacted on Polyvore users' preferences this week.
Speaking of denim: its comeback is now official, with four of the site's top ten trends being about the material, be it vests, shorts, tie-dye pants, or said jeggings (short for jeans leggings).
The fact that leather gloves are ranking among users' favorite items in July indicates a further step towards the end of seasonal dressing, which has been heralded by fashion critics before (prompted by shorts and t-shirts made from leather - usually a winter staple - at Céline).
In brands, Rebecca Minkoff - last week's new entry - has made it to the top, while Ray Ban's sunglasses are back for summer. New jewelry labels, Kenneth Jay Lane and Rosantica are mingling with fashion heavyweights including Miu Miu, Prada, and Chloé.
1. Rebecca Minkoff (+1)
2. Miu Miu (+1)
3. Ray-Ban (re-entry)
4. Prada (+2)
5. Alexander Wang (no change)
6. Balenciaga (re-entry)
7. Kenneth Jay Lane (new)
8. Rosantica (new)
9. Chloé (-8)
10. Valentino (re-entry)
1. styledrops.com (no change)
2. maxandchloe.com (no change)
3. greenwichjewelers.com (+1)
4. alexisbittar.com (+1)
5. tarinatarantino.com (re-entry)
6. calypso-celle.com (no change)
7. settygallery.com (new)
8. lagarconne.com (re-entry)
9 charmandchain.com (new)
10. farfetch.com (-3)
1. Audrey Hepburn (+1)
2. Kristen Stewart (-1)
3. Emma Watson (+1)
4. Lady Gaga (-1)
5. Leighton Meester (no change)
6. Ashley Greene (no change)
7. Taylor Momsen (no change)
8. Rihanna (re-entry)
9. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (-1)
10. Blake Lively (-1)
1. harem pants (re-entry)
2. fingerless gloves (re-entry)
3. jean jackets (re-entry)
4. jeggings (new)
5. tie-dye denim (new)
6. maxi dresses (re-entry)
7. denim shorts (re-entry)
8. slouchy t-shirts (re-entry)
9. leather gloves (new)
10. denim vests (re-entry)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month.
Culinary experts in The Netherlands thought it was 'fresh' and 'tasty'
Life & Style blogs
Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
A cup of tea is every worker's right
Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
Fake goats’ cheese found in supermarkets
Handy hacks that make life easier: New book reveals how to rid your inbox of spam, protect your passwords and amplify your iPhone
- 1 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 2 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a more fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 3 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes too far at the Q Awards
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 NHS staff banned from drinking tea or coffee on the job because it looks like they're not working hard enough
£35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: This new opportunity has responsibilities des...
£19200 - £33600 per annum + pre 12 week AWR : Randstad Education Manchester Se...
Main Teacher Pay Scale : Randstad Education Leeds: Physics Teacher January 201...
£120 - £162 per day: Randstad Education Hull: General Cover Teachers required ...