Weekly fashion indicators: new top trends
Tuesday 31 August 2010
While Polyvore users' top ten celebrities remains largely unchanged, the top trends ranking is composed almost entirely of new entries and re-entries, biker boots and suede pumps being the only two trends to retain a top spot this week.
The new trends see Polyvore users getting ready for the autumn season with trench coats, fisherman's sweaters and faux fur vests all making an appearance in the top ten; camel coats, one of the big trends for autumn according to style bible Vogue, also make the list.
1. Lanvin (no change)
2. Maison Martin Margiela (no change)
3. Matthew Williamson (no change)
4. Alice + Olivia (+2)
5. Anna Molinari (re-entry)
6. Rebel Yell (+1)
7. James Perse (new entry)
8. Steven Alan (-3)
9. Chloé (-1)
10. Marc Jacobs (re-entry)
1. tarinatarantino.com (+2)
2. luisaviaroma.com (+1)
3. stevenalan.com (-2)
4. heels.com (+2)
5. lagarconne.com (no change)
6. uggaustralia.com (-2)
7. refinery29shops.com (re-entry)
8. brownsfashion.com (no change)
9. bunnyhug.co.uk (re-entry)
10. zimmermanstore.com (new entry)
1. Leighton Meester (no change)
2. Blake Lively (no change)
3. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
4. Emma Watson (no change)
5. Lady Gaga (no change)
6. Kim Kardashian (+4)
7. Taylor Momsen (no change)
8. Kristen Stewart (no change)
9. Megan Fox (re-entry)
10. Ashley Greene (-1)
1. fisherman's sweaters (new entry)
2. camel coats (new entry)
3. trench coats (new entry)
4. biker boots (+3)
5. knit pants (new entry)
6. purple heels (re-entry)
7. wellington boots (new entry)
8. printed scarves (re-entry)
9. suede pumps (-6)
10. faux fur vests (re-entry)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
Penis size study: what's 'normal' anyway?
Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
Penis size: is there a correlation with sexual satisfaction? A scientific look
Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 3 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway in dense fog
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 The majority of sex workers enjoy their job - why should we find that surprising?
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A leading Leicestershire based chilled food ma...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior Accountant (ACCA, ...
£16000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company has an exciting op...
£17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This European market leader for security...