Weekly fashion indicators: new top trends
Tuesday 31 August 2010
While Polyvore users' top ten celebrities remains largely unchanged, the top trends ranking is composed almost entirely of new entries and re-entries, biker boots and suede pumps being the only two trends to retain a top spot this week.
The new trends see Polyvore users getting ready for the autumn season with trench coats, fisherman's sweaters and faux fur vests all making an appearance in the top ten; camel coats, one of the big trends for autumn according to style bible Vogue, also make the list.
1. Lanvin (no change)
2. Maison Martin Margiela (no change)
3. Matthew Williamson (no change)
4. Alice + Olivia (+2)
5. Anna Molinari (re-entry)
6. Rebel Yell (+1)
7. James Perse (new entry)
8. Steven Alan (-3)
9. Chloé (-1)
10. Marc Jacobs (re-entry)
1. tarinatarantino.com (+2)
2. luisaviaroma.com (+1)
3. stevenalan.com (-2)
4. heels.com (+2)
5. lagarconne.com (no change)
6. uggaustralia.com (-2)
7. refinery29shops.com (re-entry)
8. brownsfashion.com (no change)
9. bunnyhug.co.uk (re-entry)
10. zimmermanstore.com (new entry)
1. Leighton Meester (no change)
2. Blake Lively (no change)
3. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
4. Emma Watson (no change)
5. Lady Gaga (no change)
6. Kim Kardashian (+4)
7. Taylor Momsen (no change)
8. Kristen Stewart (no change)
9. Megan Fox (re-entry)
10. Ashley Greene (-1)
1. fisherman's sweaters (new entry)
2. camel coats (new entry)
3. trench coats (new entry)
4. biker boots (+3)
5. knit pants (new entry)
6. purple heels (re-entry)
7. wellington boots (new entry)
8. printed scarves (re-entry)
9. suede pumps (-6)
10. faux fur vests (re-entry)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
Max power: Nine ways to make your everyday meals more flavourful
Amputee drummer gains 'superhuman' skills with robotic arm
Livr: A social network only for drunk people
Fenwicks department store withdraws Boy London clothing over 'Nazi' eagle logo complaints
International Women's Day 2014: Google creates celebratory video Doodle to mark the day
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Too upsetting? Academy members voted for Oscar-winning 12 Years A Slave 'without watching it'
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...