Weekly fashion indicators: over-the-knee boots
Tuesday 07 September 2010
Fisherman's sweaters and camel coats remain top of the trends for the normally quick-changing Polyvore users, however bohemian-style wide leg trousers and tusk jewelry appear further down the list as well as grunge favorite combat boots. Over-the-knee boots, the big thing in fashionable footwear for fall, crept into the top ten in last position: the over-the-knee style has been gracing catwalks such as Chloé's and has been spotted on celebrities including Lindsay Lohan.
The biggest movement was in the 'Top Sites' with retail outlet lagarconne.com climbing four positions to reach number 1.
1. Lanvin (no change)
2. Maison Martin Margiela (no change)
3. Matthew Williamson (no change)
4. Balmain (re-entry)
5. Alice + Olivia (-1)
6. Steven Alan (+2)
7. By Malene Birger (re-entry)
8. Stella McCartney (re-entry)
9. 3.1 Philip Lim (re-entry)
10. Marc Jacobs (no change)
1. lagarconne.com (+4)
2. tarinatarantino.com (-1)
3. luisaviaroma.com (-1)
4. heels.com (no change)
5. refinery29shops.com (+2)
6. oaknyc.com (new entry)
7. idontlikemondays.us (re-entry)
8. stevenalan.com (-5)
9. brownsfashion.com (-1)
10. bunnyhug.co.uk (-1)
1. Leighton Meester (no change)
2. Blake Lively (no change)
3. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
4. Emma Watson (no change)
5. Lady Gaga (no change)
6. Kristen Stewart (+2)
7. Kim Kardashian (-1)
8. Megan Fox (+1)
9. Taylor Momsen (-2)
10. Ashley Greene (no change)
1. fisherman's sweaters (no change)
2. camel coats (no change)
3. bohemian (re-entry)
4. wide leg trousers (new entry)
5. tusk jewelry (new entry)
6. combat boots (new entry)
7. trench coats (-4)
8. jeggings (re-entry)
9. distressed denim (re-entry)
10. over the knee boots (new entry)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month. http://www. polyvore.com
Life & Style blogs
Surgeon backs 'good death' plans - and reveals his own
NHS hit by stealth cuts of £2bn as tariffs received for medical procedures are reduced
How to survive a social-media mauling, by the tough women of Twitter
Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
- 1 Woman 'suffocates newborn baby in plastic bag and puts it in her desk minutes after giving birth'
- 2 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 5 Chinese student carries disabled friend to school every day for three years
£26000 - £28000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: Senior Accounts Assistan...
£24000 - £26000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£22000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is part of a Group...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a a young, dynamic pers...