Weekly fashion indicators: over-the-knee boots
Tuesday 07 September 2010
Fisherman's sweaters and camel coats remain top of the trends for the normally quick-changing Polyvore users, however bohemian-style wide leg trousers and tusk jewelry appear further down the list as well as grunge favorite combat boots. Over-the-knee boots, the big thing in fashionable footwear for fall, crept into the top ten in last position: the over-the-knee style has been gracing catwalks such as Chloé's and has been spotted on celebrities including Lindsay Lohan.
The biggest movement was in the 'Top Sites' with retail outlet lagarconne.com climbing four positions to reach number 1.
1. Lanvin (no change)
2. Maison Martin Margiela (no change)
3. Matthew Williamson (no change)
4. Balmain (re-entry)
5. Alice + Olivia (-1)
6. Steven Alan (+2)
7. By Malene Birger (re-entry)
8. Stella McCartney (re-entry)
9. 3.1 Philip Lim (re-entry)
10. Marc Jacobs (no change)
1. lagarconne.com (+4)
2. tarinatarantino.com (-1)
3. luisaviaroma.com (-1)
4. heels.com (no change)
5. refinery29shops.com (+2)
6. oaknyc.com (new entry)
7. idontlikemondays.us (re-entry)
8. stevenalan.com (-5)
9. brownsfashion.com (-1)
10. bunnyhug.co.uk (-1)
1. Leighton Meester (no change)
2. Blake Lively (no change)
3. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
4. Emma Watson (no change)
5. Lady Gaga (no change)
6. Kristen Stewart (+2)
7. Kim Kardashian (-1)
8. Megan Fox (+1)
9. Taylor Momsen (-2)
10. Ashley Greene (no change)
1. fisherman's sweaters (no change)
2. camel coats (no change)
3. bohemian (re-entry)
4. wide leg trousers (new entry)
5. tusk jewelry (new entry)
6. combat boots (new entry)
7. trench coats (-4)
8. jeggings (re-entry)
9. distressed denim (re-entry)
10. over the knee boots (new entry)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month. http://www. polyvore.com
Life & Style blogs
Best three-ingredient recipes: From Nutella brownies to mac and cheese and pulled pork
Topshop pulls 'ridiculously skinny' mannequins after being shamed by customer on Facebook
Windows 10: Is it worth downloading new PC operating system?
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
The lesser known erogenous zones - and how to find them
- 1 Norwich paedophile ring: Woman at centre of gang who made children 'sexual play things' guilty of 23 offences
- 2 Kate Winslet thanked 'particularly horrible' girl who bullied her at school after Titanic success
- 3 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
- 4 Walter Palmer: Cecil the lion killer revealed to be American dentist
- 5 The lesser known erogenous zones - and how to find them
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the leading manufacturer...
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join an innova...
£14500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity has arisen for a Sales Ca...
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This local charity has an oppor...