Weekly fashion indicators: what would Robert Pattinson's girlfriend wear?
Tuesday 20 July 2010
On what is a very rare occasion, Polyvore users are getting inspired by a man, but it has nothing to do with his style.
Fans are fantasizing about date nights with Twilight's Robert Pattinson, coming up with countless outfits to impress the saga's heartthrob. His colleagues Ashley Greene and Kristen Stewart also make the top ten, serving as style inspiration, while Audrey Hepburn defends her top position and Lady Gaga continues to drop in popularity - could it be that people are experiencing 'Gaga overkill?'
In brands, Polyvore users are still experimenting with lesser known brands, including the Danish DAY Birger et Mikkelsen, casual wear label Vince, or Steven Alan, a fashion store that carries its own brand as well as other designers, such as Isabel Marant. Steven Alan also tops the websites this week.
1. Lanvin (re-entry)
2. 3.1 Phillip Lim (re-entry)
3. DAY Birger et Mikkelsen (new)
4. Vince (new)
5. Matthew Williamson (re-entry)
6. Proenza Schouler (re-entry)
7. Steven Alan (new)
8. T by Alexander Wang (new)
9. Zimmermann (new)
10. Alice + Olivia (re-entry)
1. stevenalan.com (new)
2. lagarconne.com (+6)
3. tarinatarantino.com (+2)
4. mytheresa.com (re-entry)
5. refinery29shops.com (re-entry)
6. nordstrom.com (re-entry)
7. heels.com (new)
8. calypso-celle.com (-2)
9. zimmermannstore.com (new)
10. marni.com (re-entry)
1. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
2. Kristen Stewart (no change)
3. Ashley Greene (+3)
4. Emma Watson (-1)
5. Leighton Meester (no change)
6. Lady Gaga (-2)
7. Blake Lively (+3)
8. Taylor Momsen (-1)
9. Rihanna (-1)
10. Robert Pattinson (new)
1. plaid (re-entry)
2. boyfriend blazers (re-entry)
3. floral dresses (re-entry)
4. floral skirts (re-entry)
5. stacked bracelets (re-entry)
6. maxi dresses (no change)
7. rompers (re-entry)
8. cropped pants (re-entry)
9. ruffle blouses (re-entry)
10. wedge boots (re-entry)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 2 Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
- 3 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
- 4 Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
- 5 General Election 2015: Stephen Hawking says he will vote Labour
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Photographer/ Floor planner /...
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Front-End Developer - Guildford/Craw...
£13500 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Customer Service Assistant is...
£16000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An ambitious and motivated Sale...