Weekly fashion indicators: what would Robert Pattinson's girlfriend wear?
Tuesday 20 July 2010
On what is a very rare occasion, Polyvore users are getting inspired by a man, but it has nothing to do with his style.
Fans are fantasizing about date nights with Twilight's Robert Pattinson, coming up with countless outfits to impress the saga's heartthrob. His colleagues Ashley Greene and Kristen Stewart also make the top ten, serving as style inspiration, while Audrey Hepburn defends her top position and Lady Gaga continues to drop in popularity - could it be that people are experiencing 'Gaga overkill?'
In brands, Polyvore users are still experimenting with lesser known brands, including the Danish DAY Birger et Mikkelsen, casual wear label Vince, or Steven Alan, a fashion store that carries its own brand as well as other designers, such as Isabel Marant. Steven Alan also tops the websites this week.
1. Lanvin (re-entry)
2. 3.1 Phillip Lim (re-entry)
3. DAY Birger et Mikkelsen (new)
4. Vince (new)
5. Matthew Williamson (re-entry)
6. Proenza Schouler (re-entry)
7. Steven Alan (new)
8. T by Alexander Wang (new)
9. Zimmermann (new)
10. Alice + Olivia (re-entry)
1. stevenalan.com (new)
2. lagarconne.com (+6)
3. tarinatarantino.com (+2)
4. mytheresa.com (re-entry)
5. refinery29shops.com (re-entry)
6. nordstrom.com (re-entry)
7. heels.com (new)
8. calypso-celle.com (-2)
9. zimmermannstore.com (new)
10. marni.com (re-entry)
1. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
2. Kristen Stewart (no change)
3. Ashley Greene (+3)
4. Emma Watson (-1)
5. Leighton Meester (no change)
6. Lady Gaga (-2)
7. Blake Lively (+3)
8. Taylor Momsen (-1)
9. Rihanna (-1)
10. Robert Pattinson (new)
1. plaid (re-entry)
2. boyfriend blazers (re-entry)
3. floral dresses (re-entry)
4. floral skirts (re-entry)
5. stacked bracelets (re-entry)
6. maxi dresses (no change)
7. rompers (re-entry)
8. cropped pants (re-entry)
9. ruffle blouses (re-entry)
10. wedge boots (re-entry)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Engineer pictured fixing plane's engine with 'duct tape' by concerned EasyJet passenger
- 2 Two-year-old says goodbye to bin man best friend
- 3 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 4 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 5 Remove smartphones from the hands of under-18s and maybe they will grow up to be less dumb
£13500 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity for an i...
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity for the ...
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Full time Administrator/Secreta...
£16500 - £18500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the leading Mercedes-Ben...