Weekly fashion indicators: what would Robert Pattinson's girlfriend wear?
Tuesday 20 July 2010
On what is a very rare occasion, Polyvore users are getting inspired by a man, but it has nothing to do with his style.
Fans are fantasizing about date nights with Twilight's Robert Pattinson, coming up with countless outfits to impress the saga's heartthrob. His colleagues Ashley Greene and Kristen Stewart also make the top ten, serving as style inspiration, while Audrey Hepburn defends her top position and Lady Gaga continues to drop in popularity - could it be that people are experiencing 'Gaga overkill?'
In brands, Polyvore users are still experimenting with lesser known brands, including the Danish DAY Birger et Mikkelsen, casual wear label Vince, or Steven Alan, a fashion store that carries its own brand as well as other designers, such as Isabel Marant. Steven Alan also tops the websites this week.
1. Lanvin (re-entry)
2. 3.1 Phillip Lim (re-entry)
3. DAY Birger et Mikkelsen (new)
4. Vince (new)
5. Matthew Williamson (re-entry)
6. Proenza Schouler (re-entry)
7. Steven Alan (new)
8. T by Alexander Wang (new)
9. Zimmermann (new)
10. Alice + Olivia (re-entry)
1. stevenalan.com (new)
2. lagarconne.com (+6)
3. tarinatarantino.com (+2)
4. mytheresa.com (re-entry)
5. refinery29shops.com (re-entry)
6. nordstrom.com (re-entry)
7. heels.com (new)
8. calypso-celle.com (-2)
9. zimmermannstore.com (new)
10. marni.com (re-entry)
1. Audrey Hepburn (no change)
2. Kristen Stewart (no change)
3. Ashley Greene (+3)
4. Emma Watson (-1)
5. Leighton Meester (no change)
6. Lady Gaga (-2)
7. Blake Lively (+3)
8. Taylor Momsen (-1)
9. Rihanna (-1)
10. Robert Pattinson (new)
1. plaid (re-entry)
2. boyfriend blazers (re-entry)
3. floral dresses (re-entry)
4. floral skirts (re-entry)
5. stacked bracelets (re-entry)
6. maxi dresses (no change)
7. rompers (re-entry)
8. cropped pants (re-entry)
9. ruffle blouses (re-entry)
10. wedge boots (re-entry)
Polyvore, which lets users express their current fashion preferences in the form of collages, receives five million individual visits a month.
Life & Style blogs
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Eight-year-old girl Camilla Lisant suggests possible cure for cancer to her scientist father
Lack of medically trained staff leaves NHS 111 phone service struggling to cope, insider claims
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 The awkward moment Sarah Palin raised $25,000 for Hillary Clinton's election campaign
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope
£40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A reputable organisation within the leisure i...
£90 - £140 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: I am currently working in partnersh...
£96000 - £200000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Looking for a better earning p...
£32000 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A rapidly expanding company in ...