Weekly fashion videos: Sao Paulo fashion week
Thursday 17 June 2010
The Brazilian fashion capital again had all the bikinis and all the long-legged beauties the country is known for, but also proved its high-fashion potential.
Supermodel Gisele Bundchen showed off her post-baby body on the runway of Brazilian brand Colcci.
Bundchen's comeback, which was loudly applauded by the audience, was only rivaled by the appearance of hotel heiress Paris Hilton, who modeled for local brand Triton.
The most spectacular fashion was arguably shown on designer André Lima's catwalk: dramatic evening gowns took turns with highly structured cocktail dresses.
The award for most spectacular scenery, however, goes to Lino Villaventura.
Osklen's designs were somewhere between purist and futuristic.
As for over-the-top creations, it seems as if Brazil's Jeremy Scott is called Samuel Cirnansck.
Men's fashion was sparse in Sao Paulo, but Mario Queiroz presented an interesting mix of Arabic-inspired, traditional styles and modern design.
Fernanda Yamamoto's creations were pretty and high-fashion at the same time.
High-fashion swim- and beachwear came courtesy of well-known Brazilian brand Rosa Cha.
Cia Maritima also presented swimwear, but in a more wearable form.
For even more bikinis on georgeous Brazilian models, check out Agua de Coco's show.
Ronaldo Frago's showcase of fun neutrals and monochromatic looks closed the event.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...