Weekly fashion videos: Sao Paulo fashion week
Thursday 17 June 2010
The Brazilian fashion capital again had all the bikinis and all the long-legged beauties the country is known for, but also proved its high-fashion potential.
Supermodel Gisele Bundchen showed off her post-baby body on the runway of Brazilian brand Colcci.
Bundchen's comeback, which was loudly applauded by the audience, was only rivaled by the appearance of hotel heiress Paris Hilton, who modeled for local brand Triton.
The most spectacular fashion was arguably shown on designer André Lima's catwalk: dramatic evening gowns took turns with highly structured cocktail dresses.
The award for most spectacular scenery, however, goes to Lino Villaventura.
Osklen's designs were somewhere between purist and futuristic.
As for over-the-top creations, it seems as if Brazil's Jeremy Scott is called Samuel Cirnansck.
Men's fashion was sparse in Sao Paulo, but Mario Queiroz presented an interesting mix of Arabic-inspired, traditional styles and modern design.
Fernanda Yamamoto's creations were pretty and high-fashion at the same time.
High-fashion swim- and beachwear came courtesy of well-known Brazilian brand Rosa Cha.
Cia Maritima also presented swimwear, but in a more wearable form.
For even more bikinis on georgeous Brazilian models, check out Agua de Coco's show.
Ronaldo Frago's showcase of fun neutrals and monochromatic looks closed the event.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Gender-specific books demean all our children. So the Independent on Sunday will no longer review anything marketed to exclude either sex
- 3 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 Q&A by Simon Calder: How far could it have travelled? Who was responsible and what would their plans be? And how can a plane just vanish?
- 4 California man Christopher Viatafa surrenders to police after googling own name and discovering himself listed as ‘most wanted’
- 5 'Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 plane found in Bermuda Triangle!' Viral Facebook links are profiting hackers
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Charter Selection: This well respected and exciting...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Charter Selection: This exciting company and market...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + EXCELLENT SALARY: Austen Lloyd: Senior Private Cli...
£25,000 to £35,000: IT Connections Ltd: Signal Processing Engineer / Acoustics...