Jean Claude and Jarry Baker, the sons of Josephine Baker, the legendary singer, dancer and actress, along with Zagat, the oldest crowd-sourcing dining guide, are inviting you to enjoy a five-course dinner to pay tribute to their mother on June 3 at Chez Josephine in New York City.
Josephine Baker (1906-1975), also known as the "Bronze Venus" and "La Baker," opened the original Chez Josephine bistro/supper club in Paris in 1926, and her son Jean Claude has run the New York City location since 1986. Her sons will be serving some of their mother's favorite dishes while celebrating her ‘joie de vivre' by sharing memories of her life.
The dinner will be accompanied with music from Sarah McLawer and Jean Davis. For one night enjoy a bygone era, give tribute and savor this menu:
- Gougères (French cheese puff) with foie gras mousse
- Choice of: French onion soup or Jumbo lump crab cake
- Grapefruit sorbet infused with Grey Goose vodka
- Choice of: Pan-seared Alaska halibut with vegetable couscous, lobster emulsion; Crispy duck confit with spinach, sweet potato puree; or Rack of lamb with summer bean salad and applewood-smoked bacon
- Profiteroles au chocolat (Tahitian vanilla ice cream filled cream puffs with hot chocolate sauce) and Petits fours, coffee and tea
The menu is $75 (€61) per person and does not include gratuity, beverages or tax. For more information and to reserve a table, go to: http://www.chezjosephine.comReuse content