Bites: Every blog has its day...
Sunday 24 May 2009
So, the blogosphere is up in arms over a new Food Blog Code of Ethics (
http://food ethics.wordpress.com), urging bloggers to "follow the rules of good journalism". Whether such a code is needed is moot, but one thing's for sure: food blogging is serious business.
Finding one to suit your palate requires dedication, but you could start with the award-winning 101 Cookbooks ( www.101cook books.com), which trawls through recipe books, cherry-picking the best, or Cannelle et Vanille (www. cannelle-vanille.blogspot. com), which feature the impossibly beautiful creations of a professional pastry chef.
Delicious Days ( www.deliciousdays.com) rightly made Time's 50 Coolest Websites list – recent entries include a recipe for chorizo challah bread – though you might prefer to take a punt on the fledgling Hunger Habit ( http://hunger habit.blogspot.com), written by a Chicago-based amateur chef.
And if you can't find the perfect blog to tickle your tastebuds – well, you can always start writing one yourself.
Life & Style blogs
Charlie Charlie Challenge: how to banish the demon from your Facebook and Twitter news feed
Another transgender model lands contract with top agency IMG
Man charged £223,000 for six craft beers
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Video claims California will be hit by huge earthquake because of the alignment of the planets — but it’s probably wrong
- 1 UK's biggest male rape charity Survivors UK has state funding slashed to zero despite 120% rise in men reporting sexual violence and seeking help
- 2 'Don't blame all men for rape' campaign backfires spectacularly
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: it's not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity
- 5 Paracetamol Challenge: Mother of girl killed by overdose pleads with teenagers to ignore 'craze'
iJobs Food & Drink
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...
£27K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Pastry Sous Chef / Experienced Pastry Che...
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...