Bites: Host a roast with none of the hassle
Sunday 14 June 2009
If you're like us, summer doesn't mean the end of the hearty Sunday roast. It just means we're more likely to drift off to the garden or park and leave the washing-up till later (ugh). It's – still – the perfect time for friends and family to draw up a chair, have a proper catch-up and eat till they're fit to burst.
One of the best places to have the hard work taken out of the whole enterprise is the kookily named Paradise By Way of Kensal Green (blame GK Chesterton). This rangy gastropub (theparadise.co.uk) has been serving up roasts for ages, but now it offers "Host your own roast", where you can choose a chunk of meat – top-quality beef, lamb, chicken, suckling pig, goose or duck – and have it served with all the trimmings to you and up to 18 of your nearest and dearest in a private room. Best of all, the Paradise's chef, Tim Payne, comes tableside to carve. Then just walk away from the greasy plates for a game of Scrabble or a post-prandial snifter in the bar... Bliss.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Windows 10: man updates PC, wakes up to find porn slideshow on repeat
- 2 The 'world's most beautiful vagina' has been debunked by science
- 3 John Green schools morning show hosts after awkward interview with Cara Delevingne
- 4 Bulletproof armadillo puts Texas man in hospital after shot bounces off hard shell
- 5 Doctors declare war on Jeremy Hunt over weekend working 'myths' amid plan for seven day NHS
iJobs Food & Drink
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing travel comp...
£19000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you looking for an exciting...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Product Manager / Product Owner is required to jo...
£25k plus Benefits: Guru Careers: A Carpenter and Maintenance Operator is need...