Burger joint Wendy's goes down-home to offer diners a nice little Baconator® by the fire
Call me a masochist, but if I’m going for a Baconator (a quarter-pound beef patty with mayo, ketchup and six [6!] strips of bacon), then it’s unlikely that I’ll be confusing the meal with dinner at the table of the Marchioness of Marchmain.
But Wendy’s – creators of the Baconator as well as other classics such as Dave’s Hot ’N Juicy ¼lb and the Small Frosty – is hoping that by adding fireplaces and comfy sofas to its 600 company-owned stores in the US it will make its square-hamburger joints the kind of place where you can kick off your shoes, grab a paper and scarf down a juicy Son of Baconator.
The firm left the UK for the most part in 2000, but remains the third-biggest burger slinger in the West(ern world). The chain has also changed its logo, lost the “Old Fashioned Hamburgers” from its name and is trying to make its stores more homely with the $4,000 fires. What could be more homely than the 1,400-calorie Baconator Triple?
Life & Style blogs
Hayfever pills and sleeping aids can 'significantly increase' risk of Alzheimer’s, says US study
Hershey's angers US chocolate purists by forcing company to stop importing 'yummy' Cadbury bars
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
SAG Awards 2015: Best and worst gowns on the red carpet
Nike Back to the Future style self-lacing shoes 'will arrive in 2015'
- 1 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 2 Dog thinks owner is drowning in lake, dives in and tries to pull him out
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Chilling drone footage captures Auschwitz ahead of 70th anniversary of liberation
- 5 Narendra Modi: Indian Prime Minister wears suit with pinstripes that spell his name to meet Barack Obama
iJobs Food & Drink
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This airport parking organisation are looking...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Do you enjoy bus driving and are looking for ...