Pizza Hut hope to catch up with Domino's using their crazy crust
Molten mozzarella, provolone, fontina, mild cheddar and other cheeses will soon lurk in a crust near you
Thursday 04 April 2013
Still reeling from the news that Domino’s Pizza has seen a rise in profits thanks to the success of its hog dog stuffed-crust product, Trending Towers has managed to recover in time to take a look at the next big thing in pizza. Bloomberg reports that Pizza Hut is getting ready to launch the Crazy Cheesy Crust onto an unsuspecting American public.
This product has handmade pockets of molten mozzarella, provolone, fontina, mild cheddar and other cheeses around the rim. It’s a limited edition for now, says PH’s executive chef Wiley Bates III (no, we’re not making this up). But then so was the stuffed crust when it launched in 1995 – and look how the world fell in love with that.
We’re holding out for Crazy Crust 2.0, which might, says Wiley, contain pockets of bacon. Whatever next?
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 TK Maxx and discount stores: If it looks too good to be true, it probably is
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£23000 - £27000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Round The World Experts: L...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + (£16K Base + Uncapped Commission): Flight Centre L...
£2000 - £25500 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: We are seeking an ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...