The 10 Best ground coffees
From Tanzania's Grumpy Mule to Jamaica's Blue Mountain, we select the top blends for your pot
1. Grumpy Mule Tanzania Footprint
£4.75 for 227g, steenbergs.co.uk
Tanzania is renowned for its Peaberry beans, so this Peaberry coffee has unsurprisingly won Great Taste awards for three years.
2. Origin Coffee Gatomboya Coffee Factory
£10.50 for 250g, origincoffee.co.uk
This intensely flavoured grind combines fruit aromas with a light, non-cloying flavour.
3. Jamaican Blue Mountain
£39.99 for 250g, selfridges.com
Coffee from the best growing region in the world comes at a price. But for those seeking the Rolls-Royce of coffee, its deep and varied texture won't disappoint.
4. Carluccio's Caffe Milano Espresso
£5.25 for 250g, carluccios.com
Espresso drinking is something for which Italians are famous, so it is no surprise that Carluccio's does the drink justice.
5. Hada Del Café
£4.95 for 227g, hadadelcafe.com
This one-woman coffee company has won awards for its high-quality beans. Her rich, earthy roast is the perfect after-dinner drink and a real corker in taste.
6. Climpson and Sons Sumatra Wahana
£5.50 for 250g, webcoffeeshop.co.uk
Smooth and mild but with a punchy aroma that draws you in as soon as you open the packet.
7. Percol Black and Beyond Espresso
£3.19 for 227g, goodnessdirect.co.uk
Super strong, rich as you like and with a deep finish that seems to go on and on.
8. Equal Exchange Women Farmer Roast
£4.45 for 227g, ethicalsuperstore.com
Grown by women, this is a light, airy medium roast from Peru. A nice mid-morning pick-me-up.
9. Whittard Santos and Java Blend
£4.50 for 227g, whittard.co.uk
Combining Brazilian and Indonesian beans, for a dark, intense flavour, it's not for the faint-hearted.
10. Taylor's of Harrogate's After Dark
£3.65 for 227g, Taylorsofharrogate.co.uk
A blend of African, South American and Indonesian beans for a fruity, chocolatey flavour.
Life & Style blogs
Guest post by Richard Sexton, business development director of e.surv chartered surveyors
Plus lateral thinking and living on London's waterways
Other popular areas include Didsbury, Clifton in Bristol, central Cambridge and West Bridgford
Facial hair: Cat beards and the purrrsuit of excellence
Microsoft's Xbox One: Have the price (£399) and release date (30 November) been leaked by online retailer Zavvi?
James Pembroke: The man who's eaten everywhere
Xbox One vs PlayStation 4: Why Microsoft's console name game just doesn't add up
The 10 Best salt and pepper sets
- 1 Pope Francis: Being an atheist is alright as long as you do good
- 2 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder victim of Woolwich machete attack, named as Drummer Lee Rigby
- 3 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 4 Archaeologists uncover nearly 5,000 cave paintings in Burgos, Mexico
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL will seek to exploit this evil crime for their own evil ends
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.