The 10 Best ground coffees
From Tanzania's Grumpy Mule to Jamaica's Blue Mountain, we select the top blends for your pot
Friday 20 April 2012
1. Grumpy Mule Tanzania Footprint
£4.75 for 227g, steenbergs.co.uk
Tanzania is renowned for its Peaberry beans, so this Peaberry coffee has unsurprisingly won Great Taste awards for three years.
2. Origin Coffee Gatomboya Coffee Factory
£10.50 for 250g, origincoffee.co.uk
This intensely flavoured grind combines fruit aromas with a light, non-cloying flavour.
3. Jamaican Blue Mountain
£39.99 for 250g, selfridges.com
Coffee from the best growing region in the world comes at a price. But for those seeking the Rolls-Royce of coffee, its deep and varied texture won't disappoint.
4. Carluccio's Caffe Milano Espresso
£5.25 for 250g, carluccios.com
Espresso drinking is something for which Italians are famous, so it is no surprise that Carluccio's does the drink justice.
5. Hada Del Café
£4.95 for 227g, hadadelcafe.com
This one-woman coffee company has won awards for its high-quality beans. Her rich, earthy roast is the perfect after-dinner drink and a real corker in taste.
6. Climpson and Sons Sumatra Wahana
£5.50 for 250g, webcoffeeshop.co.uk
Smooth and mild but with a punchy aroma that draws you in as soon as you open the packet.
7. Percol Black and Beyond Espresso
£3.19 for 227g, goodnessdirect.co.uk
Super strong, rich as you like and with a deep finish that seems to go on and on.
8. Equal Exchange Women Farmer Roast
£4.45 for 227g, ethicalsuperstore.com
Grown by women, this is a light, airy medium roast from Peru. A nice mid-morning pick-me-up.
9. Whittard Santos and Java Blend
£4.50 for 227g, whittard.co.uk
Combining Brazilian and Indonesian beans, for a dark, intense flavour, it's not for the faint-hearted.
10. Taylor's of Harrogate's After Dark
£3.65 for 227g, Taylorsofharrogate.co.uk
A blend of African, South American and Indonesian beans for a fruity, chocolatey flavour.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Are you turning into your dad? The top ten signs you've embraced dad-ism revealed as survey says 38 is age men turn into their father
- 2 Overheard in Waitrose: documenting the chatter in 'Britain's poshest supermarket'
- 3 Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy attacked as 'sinful'
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Grace Dent on TV: Game of Thrones has jumped the shark
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: If you have a passion for elephants and want ...