The 50 Best fish and chip shops
In search of crispy batter, succulent seafood and perfect mushy peas? Rhiannon Batten finds tasty treats in chic cafés and beachfront shacks
Saturday 15 January 2011
This week's panel
Karen Barnes is editor of 'delicious.' magazine (www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk);
Andy Gray, from Seafish (seafish.org), organises the National Fish & Chip Awards, to be announced on 20 January (www.fishandchipawards.com);
Elaine Campbell is director of fundraising for the Fishermen's Mission, a charity that supports fishermen and their families (www.fishermensmission.org.uk);
Emily Howgate (of SeaWeb - Seafood Choices) works on Good Catch, a joint project that helps restaurants and caterers to improve seafood sustainability (www.goodcatch.org.uk);
Craig Butcher is editor of MSN food and drink (www.food.uk.msn.com).
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
Scottish salmon sales leap as Asia develops a taste
Grim second life of the 'breastaurant': The oft-loathed sector is booming in the States thanks to Hooters, Twin Peaks and Tilted Kilt
Health: When masturbation can be fatal: The practice of auto-erotic asphyxia is often concealed by a coroner's verdict. Monique Roffey looks at a lethal taboo
- 1 The political parties aren't all the same – which means 2015 will be a 'big-choice' election
- 2 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 Naomi Wolf reacts to Isis 'conspiracy theories' critism after she questions whether beheading videos are real
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...