Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 23 March 2013
2010 Torre del Falco Nero di Troia, Puglia
Made from the local Puglian grape variety known as Trojan black, this southern rosso is full of berry flavours and spicy notes; good with spaghetti puttanesca. £5.59, down from £8.59, Waitrose
2011 Talinay Chardonnay, Limarí Valley, Chile
This stylish chardonnay from Limarí is made close to the Pacific, the sea breeze bringing intense aromatics and a rich quality with a steely mineral character. £16.99, buy 2 = £12.99, Majestic
2009 La Grola, Allegrini, Veneto
The concentrated morello cherry character of this wine is underpinned by a structure of spicy oak and Italianate acidity. £18–£21.99, bottle/case of 6, Tesco, Halifax Wine, Secret Cellar, Noel Young
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Eurovision 2015: Graham Norton returns with another cutting commentary - his best lines
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Eurovision 2015 winner: Sweden beats Russia and Italy to take title from Conchita Wurst
- 4 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...