Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 23 March 2013
2010 Torre del Falco Nero di Troia, Puglia
Made from the local Puglian grape variety known as Trojan black, this southern rosso is full of berry flavours and spicy notes; good with spaghetti puttanesca. £5.59, down from £8.59, Waitrose
2011 Talinay Chardonnay, Limarí Valley, Chile
This stylish chardonnay from Limarí is made close to the Pacific, the sea breeze bringing intense aromatics and a rich quality with a steely mineral character. £16.99, buy 2 = £12.99, Majestic
2009 La Grola, Allegrini, Veneto
The concentrated morello cherry character of this wine is underpinned by a structure of spicy oak and Italianate acidity. £18–£21.99, bottle/case of 6, Tesco, Halifax Wine, Secret Cellar, Noel Young
Sales of the tablet are set to fall again, say analysts
Met Police confirm there was a 'minor disturbance' and that no-one was arrested
George Lucas criticises the major Hollywood film studios
Does Chris Grayling realise what a vague concept he is dealing with?
Trend which requires crisps, a fork and a strong stomach is sweeping Mexico's streets
Parties threaten resort's image as a family destination
I Am Bread could actually be a challenging and nuanced title
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Indian footballer Peter Biaksangzuala dies after injuring spine doing somersault celebration
- 2 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 3 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake report claiming that the street artist's identity has been revealed
- 4 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 5 Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 50k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a SCRUM Master to joi...
£13,520: Recruitment Genius: As this role can be customer facing at times, the...
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: A successful entertainment, even...
£25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A fantastic opportunity h...