Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 23 March 2013
2010 Torre del Falco Nero di Troia, Puglia
Made from the local Puglian grape variety known as Trojan black, this southern rosso is full of berry flavours and spicy notes; good with spaghetti puttanesca. £5.59, down from £8.59, Waitrose
2011 Talinay Chardonnay, Limarí Valley, Chile
This stylish chardonnay from Limarí is made close to the Pacific, the sea breeze bringing intense aromatics and a rich quality with a steely mineral character. £16.99, buy 2 = £12.99, Majestic
2009 La Grola, Allegrini, Veneto
The concentrated morello cherry character of this wine is underpinned by a structure of spicy oak and Italianate acidity. £18–£21.99, bottle/case of 6, Tesco, Halifax Wine, Secret Cellar, Noel Young
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
The 10 Best juicers
Boxing Day sales: From Asos to Harrods, the best fashion deals
The 10 Best food processors
Health: When masturbation can be fatal: The practice of auto-erotic asphyxia is often concealed by a coroner's verdict. Monique Roffey looks at a lethal taboo
- 1 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 2 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 Sussex couple die in suspected Christmas Day 'suicide pact'
- 5 The Unluckiest People of the Year 2014 (and one very unlucky giraffe)
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...