Wine: Something for the weekend
Saturday 23 March 2013
2010 Torre del Falco Nero di Troia, Puglia
Made from the local Puglian grape variety known as Trojan black, this southern rosso is full of berry flavours and spicy notes; good with spaghetti puttanesca. £5.59, down from £8.59, Waitrose
2011 Talinay Chardonnay, Limarí Valley, Chile
This stylish chardonnay from Limarí is made close to the Pacific, the sea breeze bringing intense aromatics and a rich quality with a steely mineral character. £16.99, buy 2 = £12.99, Majestic
2009 La Grola, Allegrini, Veneto
The concentrated morello cherry character of this wine is underpinned by a structure of spicy oak and Italianate acidity. £18–£21.99, bottle/case of 6, Tesco, Halifax Wine, Secret Cellar, Noel Young
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Katie Hopkins gives rare glimpse of sensitive side with heartfelt open letter to her children penned in case she dies from epilepsy
- 2 Rihanna's Met Gala dress took one Chinese woman 2 years to make, was reduced to omelette meme in 2 seconds
- 3 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 4 #JeSuisEd: People share photos of themselves eating awkwardly in solidarity with Labour leader
- 5 Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds
iJobs Food & Drink
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...
£27K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Pastry Sous Chef / Experienced Pastry Che...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...
£24800 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: As one of London's leading Muse...