Hungry for more food news and insider insights?
Friday 22 February 2013
Go to independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/ for a daily blog from our team of expert epicures. On Mondays, Dan Doherty, chef at London’s Duck and Waffle, lays bare the world of a top-flight chef. Tuesdays sees Joanna Travis, sommelier and manager at Mr Buckley's, giving advice on how to order wine like a pro. If it’s ale you’re after, check out Will Coldwell’s weekly draft of beer news and reviews on a Wednesday, or for something stronger, The Cocktail Lovers offer top tips every Thursday for bars and beverages that are worth falling off the wagon for. Lily Vanilli, baker and queen of cakes, is our Girl Friday with weekly recipes, tips and a monthly cake clinic, "Recovering from a bad Bake-up".
Life & Style blogs
Video shows how to turn your phone into a 3D hologram
Gill Pharaoh: Healthy former nurse, 75, passes away at assisted dying clinic after deciding old age is 'awful'
Free porn websites could be shut down within months, says David Cameron
The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
National Orgasm Day: Six reasons (plus one bogus one) why they're good for us
- 1 Video shows how to turn your phone into a 3D hologram
- 2 Artist Jamie McCartney: How The Great Wall of Vagina is a stand against 'body fascism'
- 3 Katie Hopkins reveals fear she will die during brain surgery to cure epilepsy
- 4 'Gene drive': Scientists sound alarm over supercharged GM organisms which could spread in the wild and cause environmental disasters
- 5 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
iJobs Food & Drink
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing travel comp...
£19000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you looking for an exciting...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Product Manager / Product Owner is required to jo...
£25k plus Benefits: Guru Careers: A Carpenter and Maintenance Operator is need...