Hungry for more food news and insider insights?
Friday 22 February 2013
Go to independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/ for a daily blog from our team of expert epicures. On Mondays, Dan Doherty, chef at London’s Duck and Waffle, lays bare the world of a top-flight chef. Tuesdays sees Joanna Travis, sommelier and manager at Mr Buckley's, giving advice on how to order wine like a pro. If it’s ale you’re after, check out Will Coldwell’s weekly draft of beer news and reviews on a Wednesday, or for something stronger, The Cocktail Lovers offer top tips every Thursday for bars and beverages that are worth falling off the wagon for. Lily Vanilli, baker and queen of cakes, is our Girl Friday with weekly recipes, tips and a monthly cake clinic, "Recovering from a bad Bake-up".
Life & Style blogs
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
The best Oscar dresses of all time
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge launch and review: wireless charging and new case see Samsung ready to take on Apple's iPhone
- 1 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 2 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 3 Dakota Johnson's 'It's only Isis' Saturday Night Live sketch sparks controversy
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
iJobs Food & Drink
£19000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Based in South Kensington, this prestigi...
£40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A reputable organisation within the leisure i...
£25000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Partner is required to ...
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...