New pencil sharpener shaves Parmesan cheese
Saturday 23 July 2011
It's an innovative and effortless way to top pasta and pizzas with Parmesan shavings: sharpening pieces of cheese like pencils.
German ad agency Kolle Rebbe helped The Deli Garage, a label that supports small food manufacturers, package three flavors of cheeses - truffles, pesto and chilli - like oversized pencils.
The Parmesan pencils come with a sharpener, while the packaging comes with calorie counts.
According to popular food blog, thekitchn.com, the first limited edition run of 500 sold out in two weeks.
Amazon.com also sells a cheese shaver specifically for Parmesan cheese, the Typhoon Parmesan Shaver, and rotary stainless steel graters that are also mess-free.
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 - £21000 per annum + Basic salary +incentives: FCm Travel Solutions: FC...
£54000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: Flight Centre Glo...
£27000 - £27500 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: Flight Centre Glo...
£30000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: Flight Centre's e-c...