New pencil sharpener shaves Parmesan cheese
Saturday 23 July 2011
It's an innovative and effortless way to top pasta and pizzas with Parmesan shavings: sharpening pieces of cheese like pencils.
German ad agency Kolle Rebbe helped The Deli Garage, a label that supports small food manufacturers, package three flavors of cheeses - truffles, pesto and chilli - like oversized pencils.
The Parmesan pencils come with a sharpener, while the packaging comes with calorie counts.
According to popular food blog, thekitchn.com, the first limited edition run of 500 sold out in two weeks.
Amazon.com also sells a cheese shaver specifically for Parmesan cheese, the Typhoon Parmesan Shaver, and rotary stainless steel graters that are also mess-free.
Life & Style blogs
When did the Eiffel Tower open to the public? Six things you didn't know about the iconic structure
Replica Back to the Future Hoverboard released
Gold Apple Watch buyers can skip queues
Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
The ‘anti-ball crushing’ trousers are so popular they've sold out online
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Replica Back to the Future Hoverboard released
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 Dylan Moran on quitting smoking, being about as sexy as the Pope and why comedy panel programmes are 'c*ck shows'
- 5 Modern society encapsulated in five seconds
iJobs Food & Drink
£24,000 pa, plus benefits: SFL Group: Looking for a hard-working and self-moti...
£16000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding travel c...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have a strong record of ...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will have demonstrable unde...