Bites: The truffles or the testicles, sir?
Sunday 09 November 2008
Credit crunch? What credit crunch? Bury your head in the sand for a night at Zafferano, the Michelin-starred Italian in Knightsbridge, for its annual "truffle menu", which features gloriously extravagant comfort-food dishes, including cheese fondue, risotto and sweet zabaglione, all made with white truffle.
Rare ingredients of a different kind are the theme of a new e-book, The Testicle Cookbook, which rather alarmingly includes recipes for testicle pizza, battered testicles and barbecued testicles with giblets. Bulls', stallions' and ostriches' are best, they say (get a sample – if you must at – beta.yudu. com/library/ item_ details/14618).
But enough testosterone... Soho's grandest pizza joint, Kettners, is set to re-open after a "female-friendly" makeover. The new look will, apparently, make it "a space people can use flexibly, by having breakfast, holding a business meeting, or just hanging out". Most exciting, though? Its new "Pudding Bar" which, minus truffles, promises comforting prices too.
Life & Style blogs
How old is your heart? US research finds three out of four people have hearts five years older than their actual age
iPhone 6s Plus photos: leaks show Force Touch display, subtly altered size
Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
Why do we have eyebrows? The social significance of our silent communicators
WhatsApp: How to discover who your best friends are - using a hidden tool within the application
- 1 Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
- 2 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 5 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...
£20000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in London, Manches...
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer and Brand Manager required for ...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Systems Administrator A...