Don't waste bread: Clean an oil painting with it
Thursday 10 January 2013
Half of the world's food is wasted and bread is high on the list, with 32 per cent ending up in the bin. Just because it's stale doesn't mean it's inedible. Aside from the obvious breadcrumbs and croutons, try making Tuscan bread soup or bruschetta. Or else...
* Bread can be handy for tricky cleaning tasks. Dust oil paintings with a slice and use the crusts to clean the slats on blinds.
* White bread can remove dirty fingerprints from painted walls and wallpaper.
* Hold a slice between your teeth when chopping onions to stop your eyes watering.
* Make modelling clay by mixing breadcrumbs with PVA glue.
* Remove a corn or callus by taping on a piece of vinegar-soaked bread overnight.
Or you could just feed the ducks.
Life & Style blogs
Most women have lived out their sexual fantasies, survey shows
Rihanna's Met Gala dress took one Chinese woman 2 years to make, was reduced to omelette meme in 2 seconds
International abortion laws: The six nations where it is still illegal to have an abortion
Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Qataris pledge to expand Canary Wharf
- 2 #JeSuisEd: People share photos of themselves eating awkwardly in solidarity with Labour leader
- 3 Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds
- 4 Florida couple forced to register as sex offenders for having sex on public beach
- 5 Watch eerie drone footage of destroyed building in Stalingrad
iJobs Food & Drink
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...
£27K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Pastry Sous Chef / Experienced Pastry Che...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...
£24800 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: As one of London's leading Muse...