Don't waste bread: Clean an oil painting with it
Thursday 10 January 2013
Half of the world's food is wasted and bread is high on the list, with 32 per cent ending up in the bin. Just because it's stale doesn't mean it's inedible. Aside from the obvious breadcrumbs and croutons, try making Tuscan bread soup or bruschetta. Or else...
* Bread can be handy for tricky cleaning tasks. Dust oil paintings with a slice and use the crusts to clean the slats on blinds.
* White bread can remove dirty fingerprints from painted walls and wallpaper.
* Hold a slice between your teeth when chopping onions to stop your eyes watering.
* Make modelling clay by mixing breadcrumbs with PVA glue.
* Remove a corn or callus by taping on a piece of vinegar-soaked bread overnight.
Or you could just feed the ducks.
Life & Style blogs
The Last of Us Remastered: Once stilted and melodramatic, Hollywood is giving acting in video games a makeover
Ebola virus: UK health officials issue warning to doctors as experts admit the outbreak 'is not under control'
Ebola outbreak: Why has a disease that's only ever killed 2,000 people captivated the darkest side of our imagination?
Government backs massive new £300m gene sequencing project
National Orgasm Day: Don't get caught up on climaxing
- 1 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 Now diplomacy has failed, boycotting Israel might be the only way we can protect the people of Gaza
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...