Eggs, milk, butter... tortoise: What's in your fridge?
Who knew that a survey of Europe's fridges would be so fascinating? As well as shedding light on our eating habits, it also revealed the inedible things we stash in there. Medicines, nail varnish, batteries, sun lotion and glue were items that those surveyed admitted to having in their doors and drawers.
I'd like to think I can go one better than a handful of AAs. My tortoise, Nimrod, has his annual hibernation in the fridge. OK, he's in my parents' fridge, but that's because he joins his little cousins for a spot of chillaxing between December and March. It's safe, quiet and a constant temperature. Quite a cool idea, right?
Life & Style blogs
The future of sex: The first female condoms were derided, mistrusted and shunned - but will their modern counterparts catch on?
'It's brusquely intimate': A bereaved daughter tackles the task of emptying her father's flat
Fenwicks department store withdraws Boy London clothing over 'Nazi' eagle logo complaints
Study suggests that 'gaydars' are real - at least for women
International Women's Day 2014: Google compiles celebratory video to mark the day
- 1 The future of sex: The first female condoms were derided, mistrusted and shunned - but will their modern counterparts catch on?
- 2 South African rhino finally put down after roaming Kruger park for days with horn hacked off and bullet in brain
- 3 Italian pensioner hires an escort who turns out to be his son's girlfriend
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role to marry Natasha Richardson
iJobs Food & Drink
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 - £18000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client is a high-end niche t...
£20000 - £40000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Business Tra...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...