Eggs, milk, butter... tortoise: What's in your fridge?
Who knew that a survey of Europe's fridges would be so fascinating? As well as shedding light on our eating habits, it also revealed the inedible things we stash in there. Medicines, nail varnish, batteries, sun lotion and glue were items that those surveyed admitted to having in their doors and drawers.
I'd like to think I can go one better than a handful of AAs. My tortoise, Nimrod, has his annual hibernation in the fridge. OK, he's in my parents' fridge, but that's because he joins his little cousins for a spot of chillaxing between December and March. It's safe, quiet and a constant temperature. Quite a cool idea, right?
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 2 Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
- 3 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
- 4 Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
- 5 General Election 2015: Stephen Hawking says he will vote Labour
iJobs Food & Drink
£15310 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a...
£24000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Situated in the heart of Bradfo...
£18750 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Hotel in Chadderton is a popular ch...
£Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing and Co...