Japan gets 1,160-calorie 'Meat Monster' burger
Thursday 14 April 2011
In a nation known as one of the world's healthiest, it remains to be seen what Japanese consumers will make of the Meat Monster. The gut-busting sandwich, unveiled only in Japan by Burger King, is a mountain of mixed meat weighing in at 1,160 calories.
The creation houses two hamburgers, a chicken breast fillet, two slices of processed cheese, three rashers of bacon and all the trimmings. It has more salt than four bags of crisps and would take two hours to jog off – if you can move after devouring it.
The burger has more than half the entire recommended daily calorie allowance for women, and its sodium content is far above the 1,600mg limit recommended for adults.
Customers can make their own á la carte additions: extra layers of cheese or a third burger can be added to produce a bespoke Meat Monster.
Life & Style blogs
What is Lyme disease, what are the symptoms and is treatment readily available?
iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
- 2 David Cameron refers to 83-year-old Labour MP Dennis Skinner as 'Jurassic Park'
- 3 Alton Towers Air breaks down: 80 people stuck on broken down Monorail during heatwave
- 4 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 5 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
iJobs Food & Drink
£33000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A global player and world leade...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...
£22300 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum group is looking for a Payro...
£39,000: ICE ICT: Specific and detailed knowledge and experience of travel sys...