Japan gets 1,160-calorie 'Meat Monster' burger
Thursday 14 April 2011
In a nation known as one of the world's healthiest, it remains to be seen what Japanese consumers will make of the Meat Monster. The gut-busting sandwich, unveiled only in Japan by Burger King, is a mountain of mixed meat weighing in at 1,160 calories.
The creation houses two hamburgers, a chicken breast fillet, two slices of processed cheese, three rashers of bacon and all the trimmings. It has more salt than four bags of crisps and would take two hours to jog off – if you can move after devouring it.
The burger has more than half the entire recommended daily calorie allowance for women, and its sodium content is far above the 1,600mg limit recommended for adults.
Customers can make their own á la carte additions: extra layers of cheese or a third burger can be added to produce a bespoke Meat Monster.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 I was a Woman Against Feminism too
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 Chief Ebola doctor in Sierra Leone has contracted the deadly disease himself
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...