McDonald's counters critics with bloggers
Monday 07 May 2012
McDonald's is assembling an army of a million burger-friendly bloggers to tackle critics like Jamie Oliver, the campaigning chef.
A group of 400 bloggers, who are also fans of the fast-food chain, are reportedly given free gifts and all-expenses-paid parties in exchange for favourable blogs about the firm online. McDonald's hopes to roll out the initiative in the UK within a year.
Josh Ainsfeld, a McDonald's PR consultant, told a San Francisco marketing conference last week it is targeting ordinary people it can "teach" to become advocates on networking sites like Facebook.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 Snoop Dogg on why he doesn't regret displaying misogyny towards women
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...