McDonald's counters critics with bloggers
Monday 07 May 2012
McDonald's is assembling an army of a million burger-friendly bloggers to tackle critics like Jamie Oliver, the campaigning chef.
A group of 400 bloggers, who are also fans of the fast-food chain, are reportedly given free gifts and all-expenses-paid parties in exchange for favourable blogs about the firm online. McDonald's hopes to roll out the initiative in the UK within a year.
Josh Ainsfeld, a McDonald's PR consultant, told a San Francisco marketing conference last week it is targeting ordinary people it can "teach" to become advocates on networking sites like Facebook.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 This is what happens when you tattoo Charmander on yourself, drunk, and with no experience
- 2 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 3 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 4 The Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer has leaked – watch
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
iJobs Food & Drink
£24000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a number of Marketi...
£20000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This well established business ...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...