Turn your home office into a coffee shop (kind of) with website that produces that Starbucks ambience
So many people work “from home” at their local coffee shop now that many independent chains are forced to erect signs gently reminding these Wi-fi hogs to, y’know, buy another cup o’joe now and again.
If you’re getting one too many passive-aggressive vibes from your local barista, then help is at hand courtesy of developer Justin Kauszler’s Coffitivity website which recreates the ambient sounds of your local Starbucks (other coffee chains are available) and plays them through your computer speakers.
The logic – cited from a paper in the Journal of Consumer Research – is that’s it’s difficult to work creatively in a quiet space, but a noisy office doesn’t help either, so the ambience of a coffee shop is perfect for writing the next Harry Potter (as JK Rowling did in Edinburgh cafés like The Elephant House). All you have to do now is boil the kettle and charge yourself £2.70 for a Nescafé.
Life & Style blogs
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
David Beckham fronts the campaign for his underwear autumn/winter collection, which hit stores today
London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
NHS patients to be seen by 'doctors on the cheap'
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
- 1 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 2 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...