Black and black
You need a black drink to go with your black supper. The British drinks and liqueur market is on the rise at the moment and recently I was pleasantly surprised to be given a bottle of Sedlescombe organic blackberry liqueur from East Sussex (englishorganicwine.co.uk) by a couple of my guests at the kitchen table demo in Charmouth last month. Another great product is Jo Hilditch's British Cassis (britishcassis.co.uk).
So here are two ways to make a Halloween black and black. The first is to mix 1 part of either of the above with 5-6 parts Guinness or stout, or even Hix oyster ale. If you want to create a drink with a bit more of a Halloween kick you could mix equal quantities of Julian Temperley's Kingston black apple aperitif with the British cassis or blackberry liqueur (ciderbrandy.co.uk).
Life & Style blogs
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
Mother's Day 2015: When is it – and how did it first come about?
Children warned to not listen to music for more than one hour a day
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 MH370: 'Putin ordered plane to be flown to Kazakhstan space port,' conspiracy theory claims
iJobs Food & Drink
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...