Bread and butter pudding
Sunday 15 February 2009
1 tbsp apricot liqueur
A small handfuls of sultanas
150g/5oz caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
300ml/10fl oz double cream
300ml/10fl oz whole milk
8 thin slices of white bread, crusts removed
60g/21/2oz unsalted butter, softened
Pouring cream, to serve
Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4. Now warm the apricot liqueur slightly over a low heat in a small heavy-based pan. Place in a small bowl and pour over the sultanas. Leave to steep while you prepare the other ingredients.
Make the custard by placing the sugar and eggs in a bowl, along with the vanilla extract and whisk together until pale and creamy. Add the cream and milk and stir to combine. Pass through a fine sieve into a jug.
Butter the bread on one side and layer the slices in a medium-sized, ovenproof dish with the macerated sultanas scattered in-between. Pour over the custard and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
Stand the dish in a large oven tray and pour in enough water to come halfway up the sides. Carefully place in the hot oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Serve with the pouring cream.
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...