Sunday 23 January 2011
I have rather fallen in love with chai lately – largely because we have taken to making it at work. I find its aniseedy sweet gentleness completely irresistible.
2 tbsp Earl Grey tea (or any other tea that you particularly like)
3 tbsp caster sugar
6-8 cardamom pods, left whole
200ml/7fl oz whole milk
Put the tea, sugar and cardamom pods into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer.
Stir to dissolve the sugar, add the milk and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
Remove from the stove, strain and pour into little glasses. It is important that this tea is served really warm.
Life & Style blogs
WWE 2K15 gameplay trailer: First look at glorious next-gen graphics
iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
Autumn equinox: Google Doodle celebrates first day of autumn 2014
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
- 1 iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
iJobs Food & Drink
£50 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Affiliate Marketing Manager / Affiliate Mana...
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...