Sunday 23 January 2011
I have rather fallen in love with chai lately – largely because we have taken to making it at work. I find its aniseedy sweet gentleness completely irresistible.
2 tbsp Earl Grey tea (or any other tea that you particularly like)
3 tbsp caster sugar
6-8 cardamom pods, left whole
200ml/7fl oz whole milk
Put the tea, sugar and cardamom pods into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer.
Stir to dissolve the sugar, add the milk and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
Remove from the stove, strain and pour into little glasses. It is important that this tea is served really warm.
Life & Style blogs
Should doctors and patients learn to plan humane, happier endings rather than trying to prolong life?
Black Friday: Best beauty deals
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Black Friday: best UK tech deals on iPads, Macs, PS4 and more
Black Friday: From Bicester Village to Amazon, best fashion deals
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
iJobs Food & Drink
£31000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In the UK, the major project fo...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: Are you a high achieving...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: A rapidly growing Hotel ...
£15000 - £16800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Tyre Technician / Mechanic is...