Sunday 23 January 2011
I have rather fallen in love with chai lately – largely because we have taken to making it at work. I find its aniseedy sweet gentleness completely irresistible.
2 tbsp Earl Grey tea (or any other tea that you particularly like)
3 tbsp caster sugar
6-8 cardamom pods, left whole
200ml/7fl oz whole milk
Put the tea, sugar and cardamom pods into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer.
Stir to dissolve the sugar, add the milk and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
Remove from the stove, strain and pour into little glasses. It is important that this tea is served really warm.
Life & Style blogs
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time: 10 worst gadgets of recent times
Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
The secret to a great sex life revealed: Two cups of coffee a day
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Teenager tries to buy elderly homeless man breakfast at McDonald's but is told homeless people cannot be served under 'new policy'
- 1 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
- 2 Irish people are travelling home from all over the world so they can vote to legalise gay marriage
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Witch doctor arrested after forcing newborn baby to walk in Indian village
iJobs Food & Drink
£24K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Events Coordinator ...
Salary 42,000: Royal Yachting Association Cymru Wales: The CEO is responsible ...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...