Cherry Yorkshire pudding
Yorkshire puddings – so I've heard but never actually witnessed – often get dished up as a dessert up North. Well, our native Yorkshire pudding is a kind of clafoutis, I suppose, so why not serve it as a dessert? When cherries aren't in season, try using cherries preserved in eau de vie to give the puddings a nice kick.
100g plain flour
15g icing sugar
The seeds from half a vanilla pod, or a few drops of vanilla essence
24 cherries, stoned
Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6. Place all of the ingredients, except the cherries, in a bowl or a small electric whisker and whisk to form a light batter.
Lightly grease 4 individual deep Yorkshire pudding tins and put them in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove the tins from the oven, divide the cherries between them and add enough batter to half fill each tin.
Return to the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, until the batter has risen and is golden. Serve with cherry ice-cream.
Life & Style blogs
Should doctors and patients learn to plan humane, happier endings rather than trying to prolong life?
Black Friday: Best beauty deals
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Black Friday: best UK tech deals on iPads, Macs, PS4 and more
Black Friday: From Bicester Village to Amazon, best fashion deals
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
iJobs Food & Drink
£31000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In the UK, the major project fo...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: Are you a high achieving...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: A rapidly growing Hotel ...
£15000 - £16800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Tyre Technician / Mechanic is...