Chicken en croûte
Depending on the size of your bird, you could get between two and four portions from the breasts. I've served this with a selection of seasonal mushrooms, sautéed in butter and finished with some double cream and parsley, which makes a great accompaniment to chicken.
2 chicken breasts with the wing bone trimmed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
150-200g butter puff pastry, rolled to about one-third of a cm thick
1 small egg, beaten
Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6.
Cut the pastry into 2cm-wide strips, brush the edges with the beaten egg and wrap around the chicken, overlapping by one third of a cm and exposing the bone.
Place on a tray and brush with more egg. Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes. Serve whole as above or serve cut in half on the angle.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Katie Hopkins gives rare glimpse of sensitive side with heartfelt open letter to her children penned in case she dies from epilepsy
- 2 Rihanna's Met Gala dress took one Chinese woman 2 years to make, was reduced to omelette meme in 2 seconds
- 3 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 4 #JeSuisEd: People share photos of themselves eating awkwardly in solidarity with Labour leader
- 5 Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds
iJobs Food & Drink
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...
£27K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Pastry Sous Chef / Experienced Pastry Che...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...
£24800 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: As one of London's leading Muse...